Mentor

I dont own Haikyuu or pictures, sorry if the timelines dont match up. Sorry for spelling mistakes or mix ups, this will have ships like kagehina, asanoya, daisyga, and tsukitada. Ps this is right before golden week.

3rd pov
It was a saturday practice and Nishinoya was helping Hinata with receives. "WOW! Nishinoya your so cool! How'd you learn to do all that?!" Hinata screamed as he watched Nishinoya receive a ball. Nishinoya smiled and had a nostalgic glint in his eyes the third and second years had seen before a few times during matches and practice.

"Actually, my Mentor taught me everything I know." He said a bit loudly. The team then flocked over to them. "NOYA! Why is this the first we heard of this 'mentor' person!?" Tanaka yelled. "Do you really wanna know?" Nishinoya asked. "Duh!" Tanaka yelled back while Hinata looked to excited for his own good. "All right then! Listen up!" Noya shouted. "Back in my middle school we had an amazing person on the female volleyball team! She was the best libero I ever saw. She was in her third year when I was in first. One day I went to there match and she was amazing. I was still a rookie in receiving so I approached her after the match, she said she liked my style and told me to meet her after my practice to see what she was working with. I went everyday after practice and she showed me everything I know, receiving, and moral wise. That's how I got as good as I am!" He finished pointing a thumb at himself.

"Wow, that is good" Daichi chimed in while suga nodded. "But that wasnt the most amazing thing about her!" Nishinoya said, more like shouted. Everyone turned to him with wide eyes as he had a proud glint in his eyes. Asashi then questioned "then w-what was?" To which he responded with "well, you see, she had fractured her knee and broke her ankle in a game in middle school, got permenent scars from the surgery and brake too, yet she still played, went right back to playing after she healed up, didnt even look back or get frightened of playing again, still worked herself to the bone, and got more bruises everyday, she kept the moral of the team up like she kept the ball up, and no matter what ball came over, no matter the force, spike, or serve she alwys got it up." He finished with a close eyes smile looking down, with his hands on his hips. Eveyone was bewildered. How could someone charge forth after an injury like that without taking a single glance back? This girl was definitely something special for Nishinoya to talk that highly about. But now practice has ended and they had a day off tomorow.

Meanwhile with the coach ukai.

Ukai pov.
I was going to call her. She was always the best at receives and god knows this team need it. I dialed her number in and waited for her to pick up. Ring, ring beep. "Yes Keishan?" her voice came through. "I want you to coach the karasuno boys, or at least help." She seemed to think about it. "Whats in it for me?" She questioned. I knew she would anyway but wanted to know the pluses. "What if I told a short tiny giant enthusiast and a certain libero where there?" I asked. She paused, bullseye. "Sold, I'll be there monday. I already know the times, dont worry." She hung up. 'Good' I thought 'now we have the perfect tutor for receives, sets, and some spikes. Plus moral and motivation, this is perfect. See you soon, River.

Skip to monday daichi pov
I was ulocking the gym with most of the others behind me. Nishinoya was late today for some reason. I unlocked the door and went in only to find a girl with light blue hair, a t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and kneepads for volleyball as well as a knee and ankle brace. She seemed to notice us staring and walked towards us, stopping a few feet away. She was around Yamaguchi hight but had a college ID badge around her neck so I assumed she came from her colledge. "Uh, can I help you miss?" I asked her as she looked us up and down. "Good evening highschoolers! From now on I'm your assistant coach!" Needless to say we where shocked.

3rd pov
At that moment Nishinoya walked in. He looked over at the girl with light blue wavy hair with wide eyes before yelling "River-Sempai!" and leaping at her. She caught him and spun him around before setting him down, grabbing 2 balls out of nowhere, spiking both of them towords Nishinoya, running over, doing a roling receive the same time and yelling "rolling thunder!" Then getting up and bumping arms with identical smiles and facing us. "Guys! Meet my mentor! River-Sempai!" And that is the beginning to a fun and exciting story!