"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XXII...

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

[For those curious about the Tom Swift adventures, of course much of this is taken from "Tom Swift and His Diving Seacopter", one of the best books in the series which got me into science long, long, long ago.]

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

[Special note. Sorry for the delays on this and several others in progress but too many ideas at once and too much going on in real life these days. But, will see if we can move her along...]

Part XXII...

Proton frowning at Swift as they reviewed results from the dark matter detector...

"What is it, Proton?" Tom eyed his glaring stare. "I not only see it in your face but you're grinding those big Texas teeth of yours. Spit it out." Sigh.

"You were covering for Wyckcliffe...Munson, I mean. You knew all along she'd taken your codes."

"I did..." he nodded.

"You let us all be suspects...Not to mention we could've been killed just now."

"I told you she'd been the one at Swift Enterprises who'd had possible access. I just didn't say I could confirm she'd done it."

"Because she's your..."

"Would you condemn Amy without proof? This could have been serious, Proton...Treason serious if she were accused of joining Bwarry in working with the Russians. And I'm still not convinced she's entirely wrong wanting to spread the knowledge...You once thought so too."

"I still do, but..."

"I'm sorry you were implicated in any way...But I didn't know if she was the one who diverted the cargo and she wasn't, I believe that. She just trusted the wrong person with the information about the cargo."

"Bwarry..."

"Yes...But since I believe she intended to leak the information publicly, it could still have been anyone she'd confided in till he revealed himself."

Long stare...Shrewd look... "You...All-American Tom Swift...You don't trust the government." Proton eyed him.

"I trust them, up to a point. To be frank, there were people in our government who weren't overjoyed that we went to the UN at the same time as the US government about this. This is world-changing stuff, Proton. People will kill for it, perhaps as much out of fear of others getting it. You've just seen that." Swift, solemnly. "I didn't think it such a bad idea if Munson let things leak out and others in the scientific community learned what was going on."

"You and Munson..." Proton shook head.

"We've been rivals for years, like you and me." Grin. "And she's a lot prettier..."

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" stare.

I know Amy will be all "for years you've been mocking Swift as a straighter-arrow, more flag waving you, and now you're all shocked cause he's shown he's human?". Proton sighed to himself.

But I mean...This is Tom Swift, all-American boy. He doesn't cheat on his girlfriend. Or conceal from the government.

"My relationship with Phyllis is my own business, Proton. It's not a commitment one as yet, if you must know...Though I'm sure it would hurt her to know I'd been seeing Munson. Phyl is a great girl but she does worry she's not intellectual enough for me."

The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr.: "The Proton Express..."On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara