Chapter 4 - Torture

IMPORTANT A/N: So this one's longer than usual, I usually aim for 1000 words but this one's   over 2000. Also I changed it so from now on when they're speaking in grounder it's in bold. I feel like it makes it easier for both me to write, and you to read. Enjoy!

I wake up groggy, sore, and in pain. My head is pounding when I slowly open my eyes. I look around and see a few people, including the leader and the Octavia girl staring at something, I follow their gaze to a person chained up, Lincoln.

I lurch forward to get to him but I realize I'm restrained as well. Never the less, I continue to struggle trying to get out of the binds. This causes the sky people to notice me

"Grounderet is awake," One of them murmurs. 

"Great, we can ask some questions now," Leader responds.

"Bellamy, I don't think either of them know English, they won't understand!" Octavia says angrily to leader, which I now guess is named Bellamy.

"Oh, they'll understand when I'm done with them," He huffs, "Wake the other one up."

Two of the boys grab a pail full of water and dump it on my brother's head, he wakes up with a start and immediately starts tugging on his chains.

"Make sure those bindings are secure! I don't want him getting loose." Bellamy orders. The boys do as they're told and double check to make sure Lincoln is binded correctly. At this point Lincoln's looking around him. When his eyes land on me, his struggling gets worse and he looks like he's about to kill everyone in this room. I give him a look to tell him to calm down and he does a little, at least enough to stop tugging on his restraints. 

"Octavia get out of here." Bellamy snaps.

"Bell, you have to listen to me, he saved my life, he was helping me!" She snaps back.

Bellamy turns to me, glaring daggers, "What about her?" He asks. Octavia falls silent. Dammit I should've just tracked her down instead of shooting her. "OCTAVIA WHAT ABOUT HER!"

"SHE SHOT ME OKAY!?" She yells back. This causes Lincoln to start struggling again and Bellamy to get in my face. 

Next thing I know there's a stinging sensation on my cheek and my head is jerked to the side. Lincoln is angrily pulling at his chains, trying to break free and probably murder Bellamy. When it comes to my brother, no one hurts his family and gets away with it. 

Bellamy notices how Lincoln reacts and decides to punch me harder. It hurts like skrish, but not much can break you when you've been through Azgeda torture before. 

"Bellamy stop! You don't have to do this! She wasn't trying to kill me!" The Octavia girl yells at him. He ignores her and continues to punch me. Lincoln's wrists are bleeding from how much he's pulled at them, making Octavia plead harder with Bellamy.

"How do you know she wasn't trying to kill you O!"

"Because she had every opportunity to do it and didn't." Octavia snaps at him. This causes Bellamy to stop and head towards my brother.

"The chains are too tight, stop hurting yourself over nothing brother, just a few bruises," I mumble. Lincoln huffs but stops struggling. Bellamy looks at me confused.

"What did you say?" He asks. I shut up immediately. I decide the best thing to do is to make them continue to think we don't know English. 

Bellamy doesn't like that, not one bit. He slaps me, "ANSWER ME!" I spit in his face.