How Long I Have To Wait...

* sensitive content

*fictional story, please don't take the events seriously. 

Behind the smiles displayed on their face, they have their hidden bitter memories in it. No one knows, it's a secret between them.

It's been awhile since Bin found the truth of Yejin's past. Yes he did secretly followed Yejin during their high school time and found out hers is actually worst than Bin. I mean he couldn't just stand still so he tried to talk to Yejin. At first, Yejin ignore him but Bin always assure her to tell him what is really happening. He promised her he won't worse any condition, but she should tell the truth. So she did, and Yejin trust him with all her heart. Bin as well at that same day, Bin's past revealed to her. He admitted he is grateful to share his past. To be told, Yejin is the one who cure him, letting him respect more on woman figure from their heart not as sexual pleasure. Although, he did flirts with woman but he didn't cross the line. The problem was with Yejin, she is trapped in her past.
————

*Flashback

From far there was a little girl watching a harmonious family. They talk, play, joke, everything that should be done by a perfect family. Here she was peeping through her bedroom door accompany by Ahjumma. Yes, she was raised by one and only Ahjumma.

"Ahjumma.. should we play like them?", little Yejin pointing towards her sister and parents.

"Ahjumma... come on..., Yejin is bored", she whined while shaking Ahjumma's hand.

"Uri Yejin, you better study and get a perfect score. They must be proud of you if you could achieve them..", Ahjumma advising her hoping her family could actually share the same love to her.

"But Ahjumma.. I just want to be like them..", Yejin keep whining.

'Like them', always been part of her childhood vocabulary. It comes naturally out of jealousy when she herself couldn't be treated the same.

Although Yejin has proven them by her academic achievements, she got nothing. Her sister who even barely passed the test was praised highly compared to her. It's weird, Yebin could get the tuition, she didn't. Yebin could get her prize, she didn't. Yejin tried everything to make them pay attention to her, but everything failed.

Her Ahjumma seems like a teacher and mother for her. She didn't give her kiss, toys, or expensive things, but she did gave her warmth, love, and life lessons preparing for her adult life. Ahjumma knows she could actually revenge on her parents, but she always remind her to respect them, after all they are the one who made her. Yejin valued it well, even until now she always keep that in mind.

Days by days seem hurtful to Yejin, she was slapped, pushed, basically abused. Her sister, Yebin didn't help her. The only thing she did was watching a cartoon in the TV while her being hit not far to that TV. Yejin always grateful, she at least can alter the pain by changing her focus to the TV, lessening the pain she endured.

Because the physical and emotional abuse she got when her childhood, it actually grows when she gets adult. She couldn't bear any loud noise shout to her, well except her parents. She just couldn't handle her hand tremor and cold sweat drenching on her face. If it actually get worse, she actually get fainted and had to do her treatment. That's how affected her past memories to her. Insomnia was undeniably treated, she only consumed her sleep pills but that doesn't work either. She only rely to her IV solution whenever she fucking gets tired.

Her birthday? Of course it is not celebrated.

*Birthday song played in the living room

"I want that..", she pointed the large beutiful decorated birthday cake and plentiful presents.