Those Are My Underwear

Brain's Point of View:

I frowned as we pulled up to the dinky little hospital. This looked like some kind of underground organ harvesting center. "Ummm?" I questioned.

"Yeah.... We are going to get her checked out at home too." Zane said as we climbed out of his truck. "This place probably gave her Ebola."

We walked into the hospital and sighed in relief. At least the inside looked better than the outside. Zane looked for the reception office, but before he found it we heard a very small, very weak "Zannneee!"

We all turned and smiled as we witnessed Piper fly into Zane's chest. He picked her up immediately and she locked her legs around his waist. "Oh baby, It's okay. I've got you." He cooed as he held her tight and she cried into his neck. "Shhh, it's okay. It's all over now." He soothed as he kissed her head.

The nurse whom had been speaking with Piper made her way over to us. "Are you the brothers?" she asked.

I laughed along with the rest of the guys. "We are." I think we had all adopted that attitude.

"I am not going to interrupt her right now, here is a prescription for pain medication. She refused any until you guys got here. I really recommend getting some in her now." She explained, as she handed me some paperwork.

I nodded and looked it over.

"She vomited quite a bit when she first got here. We thought it could be from head trauma and did a CT scan just to be sure. Everything came back normal, so our on-call doctor thinks it may have just been from her nerves. We gave her IV fluids here, but he wanted me to make sure I communicated the importance of keeping her hydrated."

I nodded, signaling I understood.

After she left, I turned and looked at Leland and Onyx. "Alright hair twins, how about you guys walked down to the pharmacy I saw about a block away, and we will pick you up when we leave. Get her meds and some Gatorade too."

"How do we know you will really come and get us?" Onyx questioned. "You always have been jealous of my hair... "

"Yeah, how do we know you're not trying to get rid of us?" Leland teased as well, before taking the prescription and leaving with Onyx.

"Do you have any battery on your phone?" Tucker asked me.

I checked. "Yeah." I said, handing it to him.

"I am going to see if I can find her some clean clothes. Hers are bloody." He said as he nodded his head toward Piper.

"I will go with you." I said as I walked with him out the doors and into the too dark parking lot. I flipped on the flashlight and shined it on the ground.

"Buddy system?" he teased.

I nodded. "I am scared they might try and sell my kidneys." I was only half joking.

**

Piper's Point of View:

I sniffled into my brothers neck as he rocked me back and forth, whispering to me. I was so thankful to see him. It had been an awful, awful few years without him. I knew I had always had God's presence with me. I had never been alone, I was just so thankful to be getting away from all of the darkness of life with my mother. I smiled into his neck as he began to sing Happy Birthday to me.

He stopped rubbing my back for a minute and made a move to set me on the ground. I clung to him tighter. I wasn't ready to let go yet, I didn't know if I would ever be able to let go again. "Let me check your face little love." He said, making a move to set me on the ground again.