Criminal Minds? How About The PowerPuff Girls Instead?

Leland

"Thanks!" The young lady squealed as she examined the selfie.

"You're welcome." Onyx and I said as the same time. Speaking together was a thing we did for the show. It went along well with the twin this, plus the fans loved it.

She ran off and we went back to signing autographs. We figured with it being late at night and in the middle of the smallest town in the entire world, we would be safe to walk a few blocks to get Piper's medicine, but we were very wrong. If our security was here right now, they'd be freaking out. I shrugged. Good think we hadn't told anyone where we were going. I was serious. We hadn't told anyone AND had ignored all of our managements calls. We didn't want the press to find out. It would have tipped Piper's mother off and there's no telling what she would have done to that poor baby in retaliation.

I heard Onyx groan and I looked up. I rolled my eyes as one of the news crews for the small town rolled into the parking lot.

"Come on Zane." Onyx mumbled under his breath before posing for another picture.

I smiled to myself as I signed another shirt. We loved our fans and loved any chance to meet them, but we didn't have great luck with the press. They always wanted to catch us doing something scandalous and if they couldn't, they would just fabricate a story. A few months ago one was published stating that Zane had a baby with our manager- it would have been more believable if our manager was female. I mean..... did the reporters even know how babies are made?

"I hear the truck." I said as I signed a leg.... we got asked to sign a lot of weird things. I got asked to sign a baby one time.... an actual, real life baby.

"Hello Love Mercy! Care to tell us what you're doing out here in our little town?"  Just as the reported asked, Zane pulled up as close as he could to us. "Thank you guys, we've enjoyed meeting you all." we said in unison as we ran for the truck. I slid into the back passenger side and Onyx ran around to the other side. We slid in and buckled up.

"Hey birthday baby!"  I cooed to Piper and she turned her head to face me.

"Oh, babygirl." I said as I gently lifted her chin so I could look at her face better. Ugly, thick stitches covered her angelic face and her eye looked awful. Her lip broke my heart most of all. It was so swollen and tender looking.

"It's not that bad." She mumbled, making me snort. It was definitely that bad.

She smiled at my snort. Her soft smile pulled at my heart. She was too sweet for this world.

"Hi love!" Onyx chirped as he leaned forward in the seat and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I am very glad you're here!"

"Me too." She agreed making us smile.

"Pull over when you can Zane. I need to patch up our baby." Piper was allergic to regular medical tape, so the little hospital hadn't bandages her face. They stated they were out of the tape she could use- which made me really angry because as a hospital they should be fully stocked.

I smiled as Piper blushed and turned around. She probably wasn't sure what to do with all the new attention yet, but it didn't stop me from wanting to lavish it on her. That baby needed some love and attention.

It took a few minutes but Zane finally found a rest area and he pulled in. "Switch places with Piper?" I asked Tucker. He was the shortest in the group and he could easily fit in the front.

"Say please." He commanded without looking up from his phone.

"Please?" I laughed.

"Say I'm pretty." He commanded as he dramatically flung his head on my shoulder and batted his eyelashes.