𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 - 𝚔𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚢?

can i call you tonight - dayglow
—————-0———————
word count: 1298

discord. aka, the only communication i enjoy. i just finished setting up my gaming setup. it was mostly hello kitty, but that's not the point! after moving to tokyo to live with my brother, moving everything has been so fricking exhausting. not to mention, it's already 8pm. it started at 2pm. 2 FRICKING PM! but as i was saying! i've been talking to my friends from miyagi on there. hinata, kageyama, tsukishima (he loves me even if he doesn't wanna admit it<3) and yamaguchi.

"hi whores" i said, putting my headset on and sitting down in my gaming chair for the first time in forever. "awww y/n, don't talk about yourself like that" tsukki said, going off mute. "oh, shut it" i said, as hinata, yams and kageyama also went off of mute. i picked up my bubble tea from beside me, drinking it while knowing i'm not gonna get much sleep tonight. "it's been so much more boring since you've left y/n" yams said, as i put my drink down to respond. "i know, but it's only july! i'll come visit soon" i said to them, sending a meme into the chat. "please don't, it's only been 2 days"

"shut up you beanpole!" i said, as i heard a sound come from outside my window. i chose to ignore it, as the boys asked me about it. "was that a meow?" hinata said. "awwww i wish i had a cat" kageyama said soon after, as i heard it again. "i dont even have a cat.." i said, drinking my bubble tea. "maybe you should go see y/n" yams said, as i took my headset off to look out my window. "OHMYGOD THERES A CAT HANGING OFF THE ROOF!" i screamed, as i ran outside to try to help it.

"what was that about?" kageyama said. "who knows" tsukki said, but i was already outside.

"don't worry, i'm here now!" i said, as the cat let go and fell into my arms. "aweeee you're so cute! aren't you.." i said, looking on its collar for a name. "cinnamon! what a cute name" i said, sitting down cross-legged and rubbing her (yes, i checked) behind the ears. i sat there for a couple minutes as the sun set, so focused on the tiny white cat that was snuggling against me and purring that i didn't even realize the boy standing behind me.

"uh..hello" the boy said, startling me. "oh! hi!" i said, standing up with the cat still in my arms. "cinnamon!" i heard the boy say, looking down at the cat. i then realized, the tiny cat i was snuggling was his. "oh, sorry! i didn't realize she was yours. i heard a meow outside my window and saw her hanging off of my roof" i said, giving the cat back to him. "you don't need to say sorry. thanks for taking care of her, my friend kuroo was supposed to be taking care of her but he's pretty stupid"

"i see" i said, laughing. "hey, uh.." the boy said, as i looked up at him. "hm?" i said. "can i give you my number? i feel bad for making you take care of some strangers cat, so we can go get bubble tea or something..if you want!" he said, while getting a flushed look on his face. i laughed to myself, and gave my phone to him to put his number into it. he put it in, and i texted him so he had mine. he turned to walk away, as i realized i didn't even know his name. "hey! i never caught your name" i said, as he turned around and said: "kozume. kenma kozume"

then he smiled, and walked away.

i walk back up to my room and sat back down in my chair. i put my headset back on, flustered from what just happened. "guys" i say, grabbing my donuts from beside me. "what do you want?" tsukki said, as i heard his dog bark on the other side of the call. "you know, you say you hate me but you're always the first to answer me when i talk tsukki" i say, smiling and taking a bite. "shut it" he said, as i heard him start the playlist we used to all listen to on road trips.

"well, you know the cat that was hanging out of my window?" i said, taking another bite and sipping my bubble tea. "yes?" kageyama said. "well, when i caught it, a really cute guy came up behind me and i got his number. oh, and the cat was his" i said and waited for a response. "is that all?" hinata said, as the other 3 boys laughed. "shut up! this is very important, he asked if i wanted to get bubble tea" i said, sitting back in my chair and pouting.

"i bet i'm hotter" kageyama said. "doubtful" tsukki said back. they were talking, but i wasn't really listening. i was thinking about the guy i met. "i mean, he had to live close right? if he was looking for his cat then he wouldn't go out super far. so he most likely does" i was thinking to myself, as i got a text. i was so deep in thought, that the text made me fall back in my chair onto the floor. "are you okay y/n??" i heard yams said, as the other 3 boys were laughing on the other side. i didn't say anything back, and looked at my phone to see a text from kenma.

kenma, 8:17pm
hey

y/n, 8:18pm
hiya, kenma.

"oh my god" i said out loud, as i stood up. "wha-" i heard tsukishima say, but i hung up the call and flopped onto my bed. "ughhhh why isn't he responding?" i thought to myself, and shoved my face into my pillow and kicked my legs.

kenma, 8:23pm
do u have discord by any chance?
i'm bored.

y/n, 8:24pm
yea, actually. it's y/n #3827

kenma, 8:24pm.
alr, i'm gonna add u

then, i waited. after a couple minutes, i saw a request by the name of kitty boy #9176. i added him back, and shot a message to make sure it was kenma. "kenma?" i typed, then sent. "that is i" he said back, and i laughed to myself. "wanna play cod?" i asked, and sent him some random meme. "ah, now you're speaking my language" he said, and he started a call. i went on, to hear him and some other guy in the back. "is this the girl you were talking abou-" i heard the guy in the back say. "shut up kuroo" kenma said, as i heard cinnamon meow. "awww cinnamon" i said, trying to get out of the awkward conversation as i started to blush.

"she likes you" kenma said, which made my cheeks even darker then they already were. "well, i'd hope so. i'm a cat person, if you can't tell" i said back, as he laughed. after that, the conversation flowed easily. we played cod, and his friend kuroo went home. kenma added him to a group with us 3 in it, and then we played other games and talked all night. before i knew it, it was already 5am and i was beat. "i'm gonna hop off now. goodnight, or good morning i guess" i said, yawning and looking out the window to see it was getting light outside. "goodnight" they said, as i left the call.

i turned my computer off, and hopped into bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

"this is gonna be a fun summer"