CHAPTER 3

I threw my arms wide open and Clem ran straight to it

"I recorded everything! You didn't tell me that you're a rockstar now." I said to her ears, hugging her tighter.

"Maybe I won't become one after all. You're about to kill me, love." she said with a laugh.

I released her from my bone-crushing hug as I raised my eyebrows. "Would you care to tell me what happened?"

As it turned out, their vocalist, Aiden Carter was forced to go back to his hometown that instant because unfortunately, his mom got into a small accident. Just a small cut and a few bruises, nothing time can't heal, they said.

Good thing Clem was hanging out with their band to know the ropes. Well, Mark is her boyfriend. What did I expect? Aside from that, she's smart, fun to be with, and a very fast learner. Clearly she can do everything she puts her mind into, learning the instrument her boyfriend plays in this case.

After chatting for a while with Clem and everyone else, Mark stood up and asked everyone their drinks. Most of them ordered beer. I noticed that he's looking at me, waiting for me to say mine.

"Oh no, no." I shook my head and waved my hands. "I don't drink. I'm good but thanks." I smiled compunctiously.

I feel like I'm betraying them or something by not drinking with them. I turned to Clem and she mouthed "It's okay" then she put a reassuring hand on my knee.

"Are you sure?" asked Mark.

"Yes. She is." Clem interjected. "Now go, babe." She kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks, Clem. And I'm sorry for being such a killjoy."

"Hey, Ada. Look at me." she cupped my cheeks and looked straight into my eyes.

"One step at a time. You being here is a miracle. I'll definitely take it. Don't force yourself, okay? You didn't need alcohol to have fun... but wait, did you have fun? Are you having fun?" she tilted her head to the side and put her hands on my knees.

"Of course I do! Your performance up there is to die for. Who wouldn't enjoy watching their best friend steal the spotlight?" I rubbed my elbows to her side playfully.

After a few more laughter, embarrassing stories, and a whole lot of drinks for them, we all decided to go home. Mark, who thankfully stopped drinking alcohol for at least 2 hours before we left, drove us to our place and he helped me carry her drunk lover.

"Thanks for the ride, Mark."

"I should be the one thanking you... you know for coming to our show and most importantly for taking care of my girl," he said while looking at the floor.

I chuckled. Aren't they cute? "Taking care of her is like second nature to me. But you're welcome."

He smiled and started heading towards the door. He was already outside when I remembered to ask him my question. I ran out and called him.

He looked around and I could see the worry in his eyes.

"Is everything okay?" he looked at me and he glanced at the door where I came from, where Clem is.

"Oh yeah! Nothing to worry about." he let out a huge breath and looked at me inquisitively.

"About your performance tonight, are you the one who composed the last song? Are you the one who made it?"

"It's a good one isn't it?" I nodded in agreement. "As much as I want to take the credit, it's not me. I just sang the song for him tonight."

"Then who?" I asked eagerly.

"Remember my friend Aiden?"

"Aiden." I mindlessly repeated his name, thinking if I've met someone named after him.

"Yeah, that guy. He's our lead singer. He's the one responsible for that song. You have probably seen him around. He's a chick-magnet but he's very timid." he snickered. "Don't tell him I told you that."

Mark went home and I went back inside. First, I made sure that my friend is okay and cleaned up before I finally tuck her to bed. I put a glass of water on her bedside table so she could hydrate herself once she woke up. After that, I took a shower and lay on my bed.

Now let's see what you look like.

I typed Aiden Carter and clicked the search button. There are hundreds of results but there is only one that has mutual friends. I clicked his profile and his ocean eyes are the first thing that I noticed.

I think I've seen this guy before. Maybe around the campus? He is Mark's friend after all. I put my phone down, feeling determined.

"I will look for you this monday, just so you wait."

Sunday flew faster than I anticipated. I finished all the school-related tasks which I should have done last saturday night. I also have a presentation to prepare for. Our professor is a force to be reckoned with. It feels like you have to be ready for a battle whenever you attend her class. Her class being my first subject on a monday morning doesn't help at all. Let me repeat that, Monday. Mon-freaking-day.