CHAPTER 8

I'm back in my room, still trying to process what the hell just happened

I'm back in my room, still trying to process what the hell just happened. I can't believe I kissed someone who is not yet my boyfriend... YET? WHAT THE? Am I expecting something more from that kiss? Do I want more? I don't know!

I buried my face on my pillow and screamed. I'm so confused!

"Hey! Stop acting weird and answer your phone. It's been ringing for a while." Clem shouted from her bed.

I sat straight and picked up my phone without looking at who the caller is.

"Hi."

It's a guy!

I removed my phone from my ear and finally checked who called me. Why is he calling right now? I don't know what to say!

I just stared at my phone for a minute then I heard him talk again. "Are you there?"

"Oh! It's you!" I blurted out. I didn't even say hi. What kind of response is that, Aria Daina!?

I heard him laugh on the other line.

"Yeah, it's me. I just want to ask if we could talk... you kind of ran away earlier. So..."

"Yes, of course. What's up?"

Pretend to be cool, Ada. Be cool. Breathe in, breathe out.

"I'm actually outside your dorm. I wanted to talk in person, not over the phone."

"WHAT?" My voice got a little higher, earning a suspicious glance from Clem who is now mouthing the words 'WHO'S THAT?' I shook my head and I hung up the phone. I slipped out of my pajamas and wore something casual.

I was about to open the door when Clem called me out, "Ada, where are you going? It's late!"

"Outside. Someone's waiting for me. I'll be quick, don't worry."

I finally head out.

I saw him standing there in the parking lot, still wearing his get up from their performance. He noticed me walking in his direction and he waved his hand to say hello.

___

The moment I closed the door of our room, I leaned my back against it to have a support because my knees are weak and shaking.

Clem pulled me up and dragged me to her bed. She forced me to sit in front of her, my hands were covered with hers. She looked at me wide-eyed. "Tell me what happened. Now."