Chapter 2

"He would be a spoilt, arrogant prick" Dee corrected her, confident in her opinion "Intelligent and brilliant yes, but his talents would lead him to his arrongancy. A narcissistic demon who would enjoy destroying the reputation to a long list of girls but unable to find his good match" ~
Book 2, Chapter 32

~~~~~~~

Kissed by a warm morning sun, the English landscapes were flying fast around them while an old fashioned radio was crackling

And when he kissed her lips then I almost died.
And in the middle of the colour cartoon I started to cry

Evelyn was silent to listen and absorb that song, sitting next to her husband while he was driving his muggle car.
Driving became a sort of relaxing hobby for Tom.
Evelyn watched him in his shirt, with its sleeves rolled up to his elbows.
She had grown fond of muggle fashion, with no need to wear long robes even in summer. Although she wasn't always sure if she truly understood muggles.
She lowered her eyes to her light dress, something that was too provocative for wizarding fashion, and she felt very exposed too, but she didn't mind if only her husband enjoyed that view.
"Why this sad song?" Tom asked, annoyed by the radio that she had turned on, killing the normal chances for any conversation. His hand rested on her bare knee, while the other one held a firm grip on the wheel as Tom was trying to focus on the road.
"It's not because it's sad. I like the rhythm" she defended and after the whining voice repeated Sad movies always make me cry again and again until the end of the song, she turned it off.

Great Hangleton appeared on the horizon and confidently Tom parked in front of the Riddle Manor, grinning at his driving abilities and at the woman next to him.
Evelyn shot him a playful scowl and jumped down from the car before the vehicle could turn too hot. She wore some sunglasses, imagining herself as one of the cool models on the muggle magazine covers and marched towards the big house on the top of the hill.
Tom chased her, shouting quick orders to Frank, their aging muggle gardener, without giving him the chance to approach them for a proper welcome.
The witch shot the poor muggle an apologizing smile, but her husband pushed her indoor, enjoying the sound of the door being slammed at their back, locking them all alone in the manor.
"That was rude" Evelyn reproached him, banging her eyeglasses on his arm.
He placed a hand on her back, pushing her upstairs "It's not my fault if his jaw was about to fall from his head. Muggles are not used to certain views".
Evelyn felt his hand slithering lower and turned to glare at him, meeting his sly look.
"You are speaking about yourself, I guess. I'm sure it would be inappropriate if you use this look in front of your students" she teased him, feeling her throat dry, no matter how many years she already passed with him. Each time she laid her eyes on his gorgeous features, it was breathtaking like a first time.
Tom chuckled, teasing her skirt "It's useless to fight over who looks more sexy. We both win without even trying".
She hummed in agreement and hurried to pick some fresh drink that were waiting for them in the living room.
"So can you tell me now what kind of secret reunion could steal you from me for two whole days?" she asked laying on the sofa, sipping from her cup while eyeing the wizard.
Tom had no hurry. He sat on the sofa and pulled her legs up to his lap, removing her shoes like a prince charming and played with her bare skin.
"Not now. I still need some comfort" he tempted to pull her closer, but she placed her foot on his chest to stop him.
"I already waited enough" she hissed "I think I comforted you enough last night. Now tell me".
Tom sighed, sightly shaking his head in disagreement.
Evelyn rolled her eyes and pulled herself up, crawling to take his face into her hands and make him look at her.
"Knowing will help me choose what kind of comfort you need" she suggested, earning a soft grin from him.
"Albus agreed to host a Quidditch Championship at Hogwarts" he revealed "The Ministry called a reunion with the school's staff, but it's not easy to prepare such a complicated event and secrecy was imposed on us all".
Evelyn furrowed her brows "A Championship? Like the World's Cup?".
"Yes, but involving four schools".
She crossed his exasperated eyes "Richard will be terribly happy".
"Yeah, that's one of the problems" the man pointed out.
"And what are the others?".
Tom rolled his eyes, focusing on his fingers playing with her hair "They are too many and too boring. To make it simple, I'm jusy not looking forward to this new school year. Not at all".
"Is the championship this bad?" she could list a lot of worse things about the world they were living in.
"Yes, it is bad" he cut off with unbearable frustration "I don't understand why the Ministry insist on this new event, carrying loads of new students into our castle and making them study with our students. This is totally insane".
Evelyn grinned at the idea of how many lucky students would meet charming Professor Riddle "So how many new students will you teach at?".
"Students from fifth to seventh year from the three guest schools".
"Ilvermorny, Durmstrang..." she tried to guess, getting approving nods from him "And?".
"Mahoutokoro, the Japanese one".
Her mind flashed some distant memories, when she was a  student too and got the chance to face some Japanese students for another kind of championship "Oh. Those who play with thunderstorms".
Tom nodded absentmindedly, then gazed at her "You understand that I will be inhumanly busy. So I don't want to waste any single moment I have with you".
She didn't have the time to react when Tom scooped her up and carried her to their bedroom.