Prologue

Everyday is the same in this town I get up and get ready for school, first I let the scolding water heat up my limbs and scrub myself clean and wash my hair, I then put it in a side plait and get in my uniform making sure my sleeves are too long just how I like them. I put on my make up just basic for school and I out on my black converse shoes and I run down the stairs and give my mumma a kiss on the cheek and steal a piece of her toast as I grab my bag off the dining room table with my books already in there and shout a goodbye as I dash through the door. The sun is shining in the early morning sky the concrete cold with the morning breeze as I walk to my bus stop , I get there and everyone is talking amongst themselves as the bus turns up. As I get on the bus Alan our bus driver bids me a good morning and I smile and take my usual seat, I turn in my seat and spend the next twenty minutes talking to my friend Jules as she swoons over one of the band members in One Direction. Once we pull up to school I wait for everyone to get off and the follow suit and wait for the rest of our friends to turn up. The girls all come rushing over to Jules and I and we talk about nothing I mainly just listen and nod my head when I know I am meant to, I am in conversation with David about how Xbox is better than playstation when Claire turns and says “ Hey Harmony isn't that Tyler over there? He is looking over here, you aren’t still friends with him are you?” I sigh and say “yes Claire I am, I can be friends with who I want last I checked.” I look over at him as he talks to his friends and cannot help but feel the smile form on my face as he looks towards me and waves. I wave back and turn back to the conversations I was having when the bell goes for us to start classes. As I walk to my tutor group I notice that Claire is with me and she says “Harmonyi I am sorry, it is just after that fight at my party the other night I thought you wouldn't want anything to do with him.” I hug her and say “ it is fine hun, he doesn’t know how it effected me and he is my best friend I can deal, thanks though.” She smiles at me and we do our handshake and she goes into her tutor group and I enter mine. The first few classes are dull and soon enough it is break and I enter the hall say hi to my friends and then go to the art block to work on some of my drawings for class. 

Whilst drawing I feel two arms wrap around me and a head on my shoulder, I turn and see the dark curls of Tyler and smile which he returns as I lean into him “Hi Rebel, what happened to my morning hug?” “Hi to you too Ty, I could say the same to you, but to awnser your question Claire was giving me a hard time is all.” He sighs and says “your friends don’t like this do they?” I turn around and bury my head in his chest and mumble “no, but they don’t understand is all.” He laughs at my antics and runs his callused fingers through my hair, “so what are you drawing then?” I look up at him and smile then show him saying “the logo for your band is all” He smiles and picks her up spinning around as they laugh, when he places her down he says “When I get famous you will come on tour with me, I pinky swear it.” He places his little finger round mine and we swear that we would be friends and I would go on tour with him. Then school resumed and I didn't see him for a long while.