𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: Lustful Nightmares

Sorry it took so long to upload, it was originally gonna go out yesterday but I couldn't get the italics right and got annoyed.

I'm gonna try get chapter's done faster but don't know if it'll go much faster. I'm hoping to get it done in at least a month.

Thoughts ran rampant through my head as I continued to be soaked by the pouring rain. 'How fitting, raining on the day of a funeral. His funeral.'

The old man was really dead, no punch line, no laughs in response to how funny the joke was. No, he was six feet under now and there was nothing I could do about it.

My father, my anchor was gone, no way to make the blood lust go away, even if just for a few hours.

I looked to my right to see Yukio staring at me before turning away and walking back to the monastery where everyone else was.

I took my unfocused gaze back to the gravestone on my father's grave staring at, my expression filled with guilt and sorrow, my heart aching the same.

I stood still a little longer until I picked the phone dad gave to me out of my pocket and held it for a moment before flipping it open and calling the only number saved on it.

I put it to my ear and listened to the ringing but took it off my ear in surprise when I heard another ringtone. I looked around for the owner until the ringtone got closer and there stood the one man I knew I'd see but hoped I wouldn't.

It wasn't a surprise to see him as the only contact saved on my dad's phone.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Okumura-Kun," the man greeted, giving a slight bow. "You have my sympathies, Shiro was a dear friend of mine."

I didn't like his tone one bit, my expression moulded into an annoyed one. 'Sympathies my ass.'

"So are you gonna protect me?"

I didn't want to ask him for help but he was my only option, who knew who or what was after me now. I was afraid that Astaroth would come for me again, that maniac had already caused more than enough destruction in my life for one night.

"You should know better than that Okumura-Kun. As exorcists, we can't allow the son of Satan to roam free here in Assiah."

'So this was his plan all along, to just kill me off in the end? Not happening!'

"So, you have two options, let us kill you or kill us and make a run for it…Or there is always the option of suicide so I guess that makes it three," Mephisto corrected himself.

'My blood lust would love that second option.' And the bastard knew it.

I didn't hesitate to give my answer.

"Let me join you!" I shouted and let my thoughts be made public. "I'm not related to the filthy beast! My only father was the old man!"

"Why should I let you become an exorcist? What would you do if you were one?" Mephisto asked in slight disbelief, however, smirking. I knew he already knew what I would do, he was a horrible actor after all.

"I'll kick Satan's ass!" 'To avenge my dad and to get back at him for cursing me.' Was the unspoken part of my statement.

A reaction wasn't long-awaited, the man burst into laughter before I could say anything else, I didn't exactly expect any other reaction but he could have at least acted as if he believed me.

"I've never heard anything like it…Hmmm, I like it! Sounds like quite the show!" He shot his hands into the air for a second before lowering them, finishing his sentence.