i.v shopping

☆.。.:* i.iv .。.:*☆
SHOPPING

─────────

AFTER ABOUT A WEEK ON FLUIDS AND BEING almost force-fed as much food as humanly possible, both Juliet and Olivia were not only looking better, but had mostly regained their strength. Lexi had stayed in the tower, not wanting to be away from Juliet and knowing that it would probably make her feel better if Lexi was there for her amongst so many strange doctors and people poking and prodding at her. Kimberly hadn't been overly happy about how long she was away from home for, but despite her reluctance, she'd come to the tower for a few hours a few times. Lexi couldn't help but get a little bit of amusement out of seeing her parents in the same room for more than a few minutes at a time.

Bobby had mostly stuck around, too. He had spent the first night, but after that they agreed it was best not to push their luck with their parents. But he'd been back as often as he could, which she appreciated.

When it became clear that the two girls were regaining their strength and actually able to walk again and weren't looking as frail and tiny as they originally did, a plan began to formulate in Lexi's mind. She'd shared it with Bobby first, of course, and he'd agreed it was a good idea. Then, with his encouragement, she'd gone to her father and — between conversations with Josh Bowman about him paying to fix up a house that would keep them both safe — Tony had agreed that not only was it a good idea, but he would also help make it work.

It was around ten o'clock when Lexi made her way to the medical wing and into her sister's room. There, she was delighted to see that Olivia was already there, chatting a little with Juliet while they ate a plate of french fries. The blonde hadn't been the most verbal since being rescued, so although it was a strange sight, it was still a welcome one.

"Wonderful, you're both here! That'll save me doing more work!" she announced upon entering the room.

"What do you mean?" Juliet asked, looking skeptical.

"Don't give me that look, Jules, I have a perfectly normal good idea this time. And it has been checked by two other people, so I'm not even lying about that," Lexi explained.

"Then what's your idea?" she asked, still looking skeptical, which Lexi ignored.

"We're going shopping."

Immediately upon the word leaving Lexi's mouth, Juliet's face lit up. And that was just about the best thing that Lexi had ever seen.

"As I'm sure you're aware," Lexi continued, "there is going to be a gala tomorrow night. All the Avengers are going to be there, some ex-SHIELD members we like, people's partners, other people probably, and you and your uncle are invited as well, of course, Olivia. So, we all need outfits. And I'm pretty sure you need an entire new wardrobe, Olivia, which the Bank of Stark is going to fund for you. Dad knows that your uncle can't exactly afford it. But yeah, shopping, right now. Get your shoes and your coats and whatever and let's get moving."

For a moment neither girl moved, they just looked at each other and then back to Lexi. The blonde watched them expectantly, waiting for them to move. Then they both sprung up, smiles on their faces that caused Lexi's heart to swell.

─────────

LEXI WOULD ALWAYS DENY CLAIMS THAT SHE WAS A SOFTIE, but secretly, she knew that she was the biggest softie when it came to her little sister. And seeing Juliet laughing and smiling with Olivia as they looked through clothes was the best sound she'd ever heard and made her feel incredibly soft, even if Olivia still looked really withdrawn.