chapter ~ 1

shuichi pov.

~

january thirty-first.

"h-hey ouma-?"

i slowly walked up to the purple haired boy sitting alone on the bleachers. i had.. admired him for a while, sure. i-i mean, he's cute! adorable, even. b-but not in a gay way! th-there's no way.. i mean i can't be, r-right-?

"s-saihara, i told you, you don't need to call me that. it sounds to professional for me, silly. call me... kichi- san! how's that sound?"

k-kichi- san!? th-thats so.. cute- a slight blush immediately rushed to my face as a sat down next to him.

"k.... kichi- san...? i've never heard anyone else call you a nickname like that.."

"nishi! that's because i don't have any other good friends, saihara. i-i could call you a silly little nickname too, if you'd like."

the blush already apparent on my cheeks suddenly grew a slightly darker shade of red. his little giggle is so adorable, just like an innocent little girl. i'd.. actually love a nickname.

"i-i-i would love one! thank you!"

"m-mhm! s-so i was thinking something like shumai, u-unless it's too embarrassing.."

sh-shumai. it's so adorable, oh my goodness. my face turns an even brighter red as i loose complete focus on everything around me. everyone else quickly fades away. just me and ouma now.

"s-saihara...? you there..? your face is really red, are you sick..?"

he continuously waved his hand in front of my face as i snap out of my daze.

"h-huh-? oh! sh-shumai is perfect, very.... cute. thank you."

ouma looked at me with stars in his eyes, big adorable grin on his face.  it's so nice being friends with him, getting to experience these moments i wouldn't get with iruma, momota, or anybody else. i... i'm not exactly sure, but i want something more from him. him being able to trust me with his secrets and past makes me so, so happy. are these feelings.. normal? the way my stomach twists and my knees become weak when i speak to him, the way his laugh makes my day better. i'm pretty sure these are more than friend feelings.

"uh-uhm, s-so, has anyone asked you to the valentines dance yet-?"

every year, the school holds a valentines dance as a fundraiser. the school supposedly loses a ton of money around this time of year, so it's pretty convenient.

"o-oh! uh, no, haha. i don't think anyone would want to go with me anyways. anyways how about you? has anyone asked you yet?"

the emphasis on the fact that no one would want to go with him makes my heart ache.

"no way! i-i know someone who i think would love to go with you, kichi- san! and, no, i haven't been asked yet."

"really? that makes me feel nice... soooooo, you've got you're eyes on anyone? i've heard some rumors you're planning to ask out akamatsu- san. is it trueeee?~"

"wh-what-? who told you that-?! that isn't true at all!"

what a lot of people don't know about ouma, he's got a playful side. he teases me occasionally, which can be embarrassing sometimes, but he doesn't act like this with anyone else, so, it makes me feel special, i guess.

"it isn't? guess i'll tell iruma- san she still has a chance, nishishi!"

"sh-she doesn't..! i a-actually do have my eyes on someone, haha..."