21. Food and Fools

Ophelia didn't know how long she slept but she was clearly not ready to wake up anytime soon and she wouldn't have save for the sharp pain on her side as if she had slept on a hairbrush. She tries to pull it from under her but the god damn hairbrush wouldn't even bulge.

She opens her opens blinking as she curses at the source of light. She must have forgot to close her window.

Wait. Window?

Her eyes snap open but she dare doesn't move as everything that happened yesterday comes back to her. She feels puffs of hot breath hitting her neck and shivers run down her veins. She looks at Rafe's hand circling around her waist and can feel her cheeks, scratch that, whole face burning because of that.

Her head is pounding because of the lack of sleep and all she wants to turn, hold him closer and sleep.

She feels her cheeks heating up even more when she realizes what she was thinking about. Rafe and she may have ended up spooning in their sleep but her thinking about it when she wasn't unconscious was down-right embarrassing!

It must be the sleep deprivation.

Yes. It has to be. There is no way Ophelia would be thinking about a person in a romantic kind of way.

But you did go on a date with him. Happily.

Yes. But that was because she was curious, right? She just wanted to know him that's it. A date doesn't have to mean anything.

But you did kiss him. Willingly.

Now, this was a thought she didn't know how to get rid of. She had no excuse. She did kiss him and even after that, it didn't feel like a mistake as she wanted to do it again. But did he share the same thoughts?

When she did kiss him he had no reaction whatsoever and instead of letting an expression slip from behind his mask, he gave her a lecture on how she should go and find herself!

Suddenly she felt angry and humiliated and...a fool.

She knew she has no right to be angry because what Rafe did was for her! What he said was for her! When he stayed it was for her! But would it be so wrong if she would wish that instead of letting it be all about her, he would let it be about them? Both of them.

Carefully removing his arms from around her she gets up. Her head feeling light because of all the sleep she didn't get. She thinks about waking up Rafe so that he could sleep in bed but then looks at him sleeping peacefully on the couch and changes her mind.

She goes to his room and picks up a blanket and pillow. Slowly, like she was holding a sleeping baby in her arms she lifts up his head and puts the pillow beneath it. Rafe's stirs and blinks his eyes twice before going black in deep slumber.

She remembers him saying yesterday that he is a light sleeper. He must be really exhausted for not waking up when she escaped from his arms and put the pillow below his head. With a chuckle, she also covers him with the blanket.

Making sure that he is comfortable enough she goes back to his room and lays down on the bed. It's not long after that she fells asleep too.

She wakes up again when she hears the pitter-patter of utensils and smells something nice in the air which makes her stomach grumble.

Thankful Rafe wasn't here to listen to complaints made by her stomach, she gets up. Going to the bathroom, she found quite easily, she washes her face to get rid of the exhaustion she was still feeling, probably because of the lack of food.

She looks at her face which looks slightly paler than usual she frowns. Pinching her cheeks to bring color to them she smiles in the mirror which soon vanishes as she realizes what she just did.