Authors Note

2/28/2021

Thank you for finding my story! Please vote if you enjoy the chapters and definitely comment with your thoughts!

TW: this story is rated mature and contains: heavy drug use, addiction, assault, depression, sexual themes, and strong language/slurs.

If you already started this book before and were waiting on an update- I've pretty much re-written the first three chapters and I've added a Prologue! The storyline will be the same, I've just deleted a few scenes and added some others.
— plus there is a new cover now than before.

Updating patterns:
I will absolutely try to update every Wednesday, but here are a few things you should know.

First, this story is very personal to me because it contains drug addiction. This hits very close to home as I've just had somebody very close to me relapse and it was honestly one of the hardest experiences in my life. Some days their situation gets worse and sometimes better, which will greatly impact my mood and therefore might have an effect on my updating patterns.

Second, I'm also still working on two of my other stories Dusk and Underwater, so I've adjusted the updating schedules for those as well: Dusk will still be updated on Fridays, Underwater will now be updated on Saturdays, and this story will be updated on Wednesdays. If that changes I'll be sure to notify you all!

Third, my classes have started and I may have overloaded my schedule, but writing is usually a very welcome escape for me so it shouldn't disrupt anything too bad unless it's finals week or something.

6/9/2021
- I've reactivated my @justlostmycool Twitter account because I'd love to be able to hear your opinions about stories/plotlines/characters and wattpad doesn't have polls which helps me a lot with decisions. It's a private account because I'd like to keep it closed to only my readers and create a safe space away from potential trolls because you know how Twitter can get.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope you like it!

<3 JLMC