The Jungle

I fell flat on my face and I didn't even stumble.
I fell for you - in your beautiful jungle.

Our Opium Den: breathing with life, diving head first into the bag we stole - like a thief, in that luminous night.

A few nights later, we cried and laughed.
We had just returned from the ocean, and had the reminders of sun shine on our backs.

We made love under the stars - on what we joyfully made ours. We were adventurous and in love, my favorite place was interlocked in your hugs. You had become my favorite - my favorite drug.

I think that I forget - sometimes a love like this doesn't exist. Something so good, that it is incredibly scary.

You didn't mind if my legs got hairy. We got cozy.
I let my comfort turn into lazy. My brain would get hazy, and made you feel crazy.

I could have done better / I could have done worse.
We sang Spanish songs about chemistry, and knew the translation behind our favorite verse.

We sang it as if it were a hallelujah chorus.
If your madness is my science - and mine yours:
why is our madness so absurd?

You took my world and made it better. You made me feel whole, and less weathered. I didn't do the same for you.

You loved me though, and that is the truth. You loved my flaws - through and through.
They were to much for you to hold, my bold behavior had made me cold.

A love with purpose, or so I thought. Little did I know - my heart would soon be left to rot.
But why not? With all this rot - we could start again.
Maybe we could remember what might have been.

I'm running in circles. Trying to get to you - like a clown at a circus.

You gave me peace, and I wish I did the same. Our emotions couldn't be tamed. A love with rage and fire and fury. A love that made our friends worry.
A love that would soon be buried.

You got scared, and so did I. I feel empty as I desperately apologize. I wanted you to be fine with the idea of being mine.

I didn't want to leave you behind -
nor did I plan for our love to die.
And here I am, alone again.
I'll always wonder what might have been.