4: Suddenly Nervous

***Ash's POV***

"What the fuck are we doing here? This isn't our scene at all." I look around the busy club with the flashing lights, half-dressed women, and sleazy bros.

"You need to get Della out of your system. She's in your head. It's the reason why you pussed out on asking that cute lil lady out yesterday." Mick analyzes me.

"Whatever." I grumble.

"What are you drinking?" Mick ignores me.

"Whiskey."

"I'll make it two." He says.

"And what are you going to drink?"

"Funny. While I'm gone, try not to scare all the honeys off with your scowl." He instructs, pointing a finger at me. I cross my arms, pouting.

Not only do I not want to be here, but we left the brewery on a Friday night in less experienced staff's hands. That dipshit Carter is part of the crew. Mick said it was a perk of being management to not have to work every weekend night. Frankly, it makes me itchy to not be there.

It's taking Mick forever to get back with those whiskeys. I text Carter.

Text from me: How's it going, Carter?

The longer I wait the more anxious I'm getting. Fuck it, maybe I should call. I step out onto the outdoor patio where it's not only cooler, but less noisy.

I'm about to dial Carter when I catch a familiar figure swaying her hips to the music while sipping a vodka tonic, her go-to drink. The guy she's dancing with looks familiar. He's pawing at her ass. I wish I could say I was jealous, but Della's ugliness the past few months has really changed my view of her unless I'm just looking to screw.

I see Della set her empty glass down and reach out for someone while this guy grinds on her ass. When I see the mystery person Della is beckoning to join her, I almost fall over.

I replayed that curvelicious body over and over in my mind last night as I took matters into my own hands to grant myself some relief. She looks fantastic in clingy, wrap dress, but uncomfortable, not the carefree, bubbly woman I met.

All of a sudden I'm struck by another thought, what the fuck is she doing here with Della? The guy must be the link. Maybe Reese was here with the guy and Della jumped in? No, Reese seemed to have a distaste for the guy. Jordan, I think his name was.

"Here you fucking are. Tell me next time so I don't have to sort through mouth-breathing midgets to find you." Mick says in agitation.

"Look." I gesture with my head.

"What the hell, man? I'm trying to get her outta your head." Mick complains.

"Look closer at who she's with."

"I don't see...oh come on! How the hell does that even happen?" He throws his hands up.

"I need to talk to her. Alone. Without Della knowing." I state plainly.

"Oh good. I wasn't sure which her you were talking about for a minute there." Mick says in relief.

"Do you think you could get her alone?" I ask him.

"Let's see. You go inside. There was a ledge along the wall back by the bathrooms. I'll see if I can send her your way. I hope you know I'm taking one for the team here getting close to Della and her bitch aura." He strategizes.

I take one more longing glance at Reese who is getting pulled to dance between Della and Jordan. She is really not having it and I flinch when I see Jordan grip her hips.