Devon (11)

Maddie's POV:

"Thanks Devon." I say with a quiet voice, staring straight in front of me.

"No problem." Devon replies with no meaning behind it but trying to sounds genuine.

I asked Devon to pick me up. Who else do I have? I'm in a mood with Julio, Grape doesn't live here. Mum won't pick up, so Devon was my last resort. He was here as soon as I called him. Devon and I are good friends anyway. He told me that the #Devondoestomahawk is only for the fans and that it means nothing, so I thought hopefully he won't mind coming to pick me up. We begin to make small talk, pleasant tête-à-tête.

"So how are you and Julio?" Devon questions.

Oh god. What do I say? Do I lie and say that everything fine and we're not in an argument? No. He'll ask why he isn't picking me up. Wait, how does he even know about me and Julio?

"How do you even know about me and Julio?" I wonder.

"Julio made it official in the CUBE TeamSpeak." Devon responses in a quiet tone.

"Oh."

"Did you not want him to tell us all?" Devon askes.

"No, I just thought that it'd be something we announce together." I ask getting a little bit pissed off. Julio should of asked me and we should of announced it as a couple I think so myself getting more annoyed by the second I think about it.

"Everything alright?" Devon says with a worried tone. "Did you not want him to us all?"

"No, I just wanted to be there when he told everyone."

"Oh."

I sit back in a mood, causing me to get more annoyed at Julio as the drive continues.

"Devon could you please drop me at mine?" I ask the red haired boy who was kindly driving me home.

"Of course!"

I give him my address and he puts in a CD and begins signing. I slowly begin to tell Devon about me and Julio.

Julio's POV:
I put on my coat, kiss my mum goodbye and tell her that I'd be home for 11 at the latest if things go well.

"Hope everything goes well." Mum shouts down the road.

Me too.
-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
TIME SKIP
-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
I thought about going to Maddie's house but then realise that she wouldn't want me to do be there. I contemplate on my new thought on where to go, the side road I think? No, her mum will see us. I continue walking towards her house still thinking where I would set it up. Suddenly, I got it. I continue walking quickly turning the first left.

"The park" I say under my breath to myself.

I take out the blanket, the food and of course pink lemonade. I set it all up, the food on one quarter of the blanket, pink lemonade on the second quarter, me on the third and hopefully Maddie on the fourth. I know she'll be here; she always walks through the park when she goes home. It's how she gets home unless she comes home by car, which she won't as she can't drive. I think how much I don't want to lose her.

I hear a car pull up I look over to see Devon's car pull up outside Maddie's house. I can see her house but she won't be able to see me from here, I hope. What's Devon even doing at Maddie's? They both get out of Devon's car. They hug. I feel the anger inside me begin to boil, I don't know why? They only hugged, I'm sure Maddie has hugged other boys before. I watch the two people closely, finally calming down releasing that they only hugged.

Then it happened. They kissed.