Chapter 4

Annabeth's POV

Hermione and I take our seats at the Gryffindor table 30 minutes late next to the others.

"And you say I am not punctual," Percy remarks with a smirk as he polishes off a plate of regular waffles. I send him a hard glare, but I can't stop the grin from forming on my face. I haven't spoken to Percy for quite a while thanks to the world being destroyed, again.

I take a slice of bread, debating on whether I should tell my friends about the dream. It might just have been a dream, but we're demigods, and a demigod's dreams are never just dreams.

"Guys, there's something important I need to tell you," I begin, and everyone turns in my direction.

"Yeah, I know, the bread tastes weird. I asked Harry about it and he said it tastes normal," Sadie provides.

"No, it's not that," I try to explain, but am cut off once again by Harry.

"It tastes like bread, Sadie," he says causing everyone to start arguing over the bread.

"Guys!" I yell, "I don't care about the bread! I had..." before I can continue, I am interrupted by Percy now.

"Wise Girl, I know what you're saying," Percy says, looking extremely pleased with himself. I mentally congratulate myself on successfully grooming Percy. "I think your problem is the coffee, right?" he says, and I facepalm.

Percy, assuming that I'm doing that in a duh gesture, continues, "Annabeth, I know you need your morning coffee but the British people have their drink! It's called tea." He explains with a smirk, thinking that it was the first time he knew something I didn't.

I attempt to protest, but Percy cuts me off once again. "Wise Girl, you need to understand how to adjust! These British people don't even have blue soda." Percy keeps rambling on.

With each word exiting his mouth, I feel myself getting more and more annoyed before, finally, I broke. "Guys!" I yell, "I don't care about the bread or the coffee!" Everyone falls silent.

"Is it the maple syrup?" Hazel asks, looking scared.

I take a deep breath, ignoring Hazel's question. "I had a dream," I begin. "I was in the woods, and this man was searching for something." I glance at Percy and catch his gaze for a moment, "And I saw Nyx." I breath out a breath I hadn't noticed I had been holding in while shaking from the memory of the goddess's deep, sweet voice.

Everyone collectively gasps before Percy sits down next to me, takes hold of my hand, and comforts me, "It's okay." I melt and explain the rest of the dream to my friends.

"The Forbidden forest for sure," Hermione concludes.

"But what were they searching for, and who the hell is this man?" Carter asks.

"Isn't there any chance that it's just a dream?" Ron adds, and everyone falls silent for a moment.

"It's not," Ginny says, breaking the silence. "I think it's time to reveal how I am alive." She continues, not looking at anyone in the eyes, "The truth is... I escaped from the doors of death; I'm not supposed to be alive right now."

I stare at her with shock clearly written across my face along with the rest in the room.

"You did what?" Carter asks.

Ginny looks up at Harry, her eyes watering a little. The tension is getting a little too thick.

"What did you... umm how?" Hermione questions her.

Ginny, who is still staring at Harry, answers with, "I was killed by a greek demigod with magic, so I was stuck in the middle of heaven and the underworld, and since Hades couldn't take me to the underworld and neither could I reside in heaven... I ended being a free spirit who could go to the underworld as well as heaven, but I cannot belong to either." Now she is clearly on the verge of tears.

Harry stares at his plate, looking upset, but no words could take away his pain. I know exactly how he is feeling. I have always felt that way with Percy, and not to mention how it feels to go through those hardships alone. I remember my adventure to follow the Mark of Athena; I had felt so alone and scared without my friends and Percy, but there are some things in life that one must do on their own.

"I think I was roaming around that day when I somehow ended up in this weirdest, scariest place I had ever been. The air was crazy thick and poisonous, and the entire place smelled of rotten meat and monsters. I honestly felt like I was dying all over again, but then I heard this noise, so I hid behind a nearby boulder," Ginny says while looking at me before continuing. "I then saw a man and an evil-looking woman talking about freedom and conquering the world or something. They also mentioned something about escaping through the doors of death, so I followed them and escaped. After I came back, I went straight to Dumbledore. He was the one who explained all the Greek and Roman death stuff."

Ron is the first to speak."Blimey, Ginny. You're bloody brave."

"You're not angry? I practically cheated death," she says.

"Of course not! I know how you feel Ginny," Hazel replies immediately.

Harry and Ginny stare into each other's eyes, apparently having a silent conversation. They continue for quite a while, making everyone else feel awkward. We all begin to clear our throats and talk very cheerily.

"It's time for our classes to begin," Hermione states.

"You can't be serious, Mione! The world is at stake, again, and all you can think about is your studies," Ron complains.

"Come on Ron, they're your studies too. Also, we don't know any of the facts yet, meanwhile school is very important," Herminoe chastises him.

They walk to charms together, still bickering, and for the rest of the day, Harry, Hermione, and Ron keep whispering to each other after casting the muffliato spell on the others.

I think that they know something, but I believe I should keep quiet a little long and give them their space. By dinnertime, the Golden Trio has started acting super weird, and it is making the entire group tense.

"Guys... We have to tell you something," Hermione says nervously. With just those seven words, I knew something was wrong.

"During the wizarding war, I dropped the resurrection stone in the forbidden forest before Voldemort almost killed me," Harry speaks up.

"Um, what?" Percy asks, his mouth stuffed with treacle tart.

"Yeah, what the hell is the resurrection stone?" Frank asks. Honestly, even I'm confused, and we all know that's not normal.

Hermione launches into narrating the tale of the Deathly Hallows and the Three Brothers. After a couple of minutes as well as a lot of interruption from Percy and Frank, I'm finally beginning to understand what the resurrection stone is.

I understand what Hermione is getting at, but her idiotic boyfriend, Frank, and Hazel are all still completely clueless about everything that's going on.

"Don't you get it?" Hermione asks me hopefully.

"The resurrection stone was dropped in the forest, and in the dream, the man was searching for something in the forest," I explain slowly hoping that the others understand.

"Ohh! So you think that creepy man was searching for the Resurrection Stone!" Hazels says, stating the obvious.

I take a deep breath and continue, "Yes, and I think Hermione is right."

"But why would Nyx, of all people, need the resurrection stone? And who is the creepy man?" Sadie interjects.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling it's not going to be good," I say as Hermione and Harry start moving to get up.

"Oy, where are you lot going?" Ron asks, confused.

"To Dumbledore, of course! Ron, honestly try to keep up," Hermione says exasperatedly while looking annoyed, and without any further questions, everyone follows suit.