Lewis Hamilton - I don't know how to leave

"Y/n, I am home." Lewis said while he closed the door behind him. "I am in the living room, Lew." You said back to him. You looked at the page you were currently reading and made a little note on a piece of paper before putting the note back in your phone cover. You had been nervous all day since Lewis texted you this morning. He wanted to talk with you, but it didn't say what it was about. Because of your nervousness, you baked more than fifty cookies. Maybe you should bring some to the neighbors, it was way too much for you alone. Lewis couldn't eat much of them because of his strict diet.

You both took place at the dining table. Lewis tried to make some small talk but the only thing you cared about now was to know why and especially what he wanted to talk about. He started to talk about his day and how he thought about your relationship.

"You want to break up, Lewis? After everything, we went trough?" You couldn't believe what he said. Three hard years and now this? After the text you expected everything, but this? No, this came as a complete shock and surprise. "Not a breakup, but a little pause. To clear my mind, so I can focus fully on the championship." You sighed deeply. "So I am a distraction? Is that what you are saying?" "No, not at all. Please, y/n don't take it too hard." Lewis begged. "If you really loved me you would have never said something like this. I am always supporting you, I even gave up my own dreams to be there for you! And now you want to take a break so you can focus better on the championship? You're unbelievable, Lewis." "It's nothing like that and I love you very much y/n but I do think it's better for me now." You didn't know what to say.

It was completely silent for a few minutes. "Okay, if that's what you want." You were so angry that you didn't even realize you were crying. "I don't know what to take with me, I don't know how to leave or where to go." You mumbled. "You don't have to leave." Lewis said, trying to grab your arm. You backed off, knocking the chair down. "No Lewis, I can't stay here after you tell me you want a pause. I need to leave, I need to leave right now." You ran to your shared bedroom and started to collect all the stuff you needed within forty-eight hours. You would pick the rest of your stuff up later.

When you walked into the kitchen, Lewis was still sitting at the dining table. "I am going, I will come by later to pick up the rest of my stuff." You didn't know what to say anymore. You were so confused. Last night you went on a dinner date, he took you to the fanciest restaurant you had ever been to. You felt like a princess in a fairytale, both dressed up. Lewis in a black suit, with a red tie and you wearing a red dress with a black bow around your middle. You didn't understand where his decision came from, at this moment you didn't really care. The only thing you wanted to do is leave, as soon as possible.

Along with two bags filled with stuff you walked to your car and placed everything on the passenger seat. Fuck, you forgot your wallet. You walked back to the front door, you hesitated. Do you use the key or do you ring the bell? You chose the second option.

Lewis opened the door, his eyes filled with tears. "I forgot m-." Before you could finish your sentence he crashed his lips on yours. You kissed him back for a few seconds but you knew better, your relationship was on pause so this couldn't happen anymore. You pushed him to the side and took your wallet out of the cabinet, without looking back you walked to your car. You started the car and drove off the driveway.

You didn't know where to go. You didn't have your own place, when Lewis asked you to move in with him two years ago you sold your apartment. You didn't want to face your parents, they never really supported your relationship with Lewis so you weren't exactly on speaking terms. You decide to call your friend Max, hoping you could stay with him for the night. When he picked up his phone you couldn't talk anymore, the only thing you could do was cry. Max tried to calm you down and told you to meet him at his house. When you arrived at his apartment he was already waiting for you at the front door. He took you in his arms and held you for about five minutes before taking you inside. The only thing you could say was that Lewis paused your relationship. "He can't just pause your relationship, what a dick." Max said. You couldn't help it but laugh about his choice of words, but deep inside it kind of hurt.

Max let you to the guest room where you could stay. You had a headache from all the crying and you were tired too so you decided to go to sleep early. "You can stay as long as you want to, y/n." You hugged him tightly and thanked him for being such a great friend. Your phone buzzed, without thinking about what the message could say you read it. "I am sorry, I hope you are ok." The text from Lewis said, you didn't respond.

Four months went by since you and Lewis "paused" your relationship. The first month was very hard, but Max and Daniel did everything to make you happy and smile. You really loved those dorks. Today was the first time you agreed to watch the race live on track. So you dressed up, braided your hair, and even put on some makeup. Daniel cat whistled at you what made you hit him on his arm.

You had ignored Lewis the past four months, you didn't like his insta post, didn't return snaps, and regularly didn't reply to his text. The only time you replied was after five days you left. He told you he wouldn't be home so you could come by if you wanted to. Together with Max and Daniel you picked up the rest of your stuff and stored them at the garage box of Max's apartment.

You were walking around the track because you were bored, your dorks had a team meeting so it was you and you alone now. You just posted a picture on your insta story when you saw Lewis. He was staring at you, you didn't know what to do. Your mind said run away as fast as you can, but your heart said the opposite. Lewis made the first step towards you and before you knew it you stood in front of each other. "Hi," Lewis said softly. "Hey." You returned. He closed the gap between you by wrapping his arms around you. "I have missed you so much, y/n." Lewis said. You grabbed him even more tightly "I missed you too, Lewis." You couldn't help yourself but your eyes started to fill with tears. "I made a terrible mistake, can you ever forgive me?" He asked. You hesitated, you missed him too but the last two months it got easier for you to not think about hm. You knew you didn't want to take off where you left four months ago. "Baby steps Lewis, we will see what happens." You saw in his eyes that this wasn't what he wanted to hear, but he was happy to know that he didn't completely lose you.

—————————————————————————

Hello everyone !

This is my first try of making a F1 one shot book. I already made some one shots but the requests are open! I only write about the (current) f1 drivers.

I hope you enjoy the one shots :)

Cheers!