Chapter 5

"I don't know how you are thinking of me. But I'm thinking of you as my daughter. You were gone for four hours. We searched everywhere but unable to find you. I was scared thinking what if someone kidnapped you? What if you met with an accident?  I'm not asking you to stay inside all the time. You can go out, you can have fun. But before you do that don't forget to inform anyone of us" Papa Ning said to Bao Yu.

Bao Yu can see how much he was worried about her. She felt that it was her fault making him to worry about her.

"Uncle Ning, I'm sorry. I just went for a walk. And I saw there was a notice in one of the restaurant that they needed an assistant to help the cook. When I approached them they asked me to join right away. That's why I couldn't able to inform you. I'm sorry" Bao Yu bowed her head by showing her sincere apology to him.

"Wait, you got the job?" Papa Ning stood up in disbelief. Who could have thought that sixteen year old girl will get a job as an helper for the cook. Bao Yu nodded her head.

"Bao Yu, you're only sixteen. It's the age where you should be in school" he said to Bao Yu.

"No, Uncle Ning. I'm not going to school. As you know I don't know nothing. Then how can I go to school? How can I able to get along with others when I don't even know what I'm doing here. I really can't do that. I prefer to go to work instead of going to school. With the money I earn I will give it you for taking care of me"

This is the first time Papa Ning saw Bao Yu's serious face. He understood that this girl doesn't want to burden him. Bao Yu and Bai Ling both are similar. Bai Ling felt guilty for living with Papa Ning, also afraid of being abandoned so he started to help him in the restaurant.

All he wanted to take care of the kids and give them unconditional love. But why these kids are always feeling that they're indebted to him.

"Do as you wish. If it's get hard you can quit right away" Papa Ning caressed her hair tenderly. Bao Yu nodded her head, "Thanks Uncle"

Next day morning Bao Yu quickly got ready to leave for the work.

"You're leaving again? If you have place to go then why don't you stay there instead of staying here?" Bai Ling blocked her way.

"I'm going for work" Bao Yu said to him.

"Work? What work? Qing Ze asked her. Bao Yu told them about the restaurant.

"Then are you not going to school?" Ning Xuan asked in surprise.

"If I go to school, I know you will think me as a swindler" without turning back Bao Yu left.

Bai Ling, Ning Xuan, Qing Ze were shocked. "How did she know that?" Bai Ling asked the other two.

"Wait, yesterday she gone missing in the evening. At the same time we were talking about her with Lin Sang. I think she might have heard what we said about her" Qing Ze came to the conclusion.

"Is it because of us that she gave up going to school?" Ning Xuan felt guilty for thinking about Bao Yu as a swindler.

"Even if she decided to go to school who will pay her fees other than Papa Ning. It's best if she give up going to school" Bai Ling was feeling guilty but still nothing can change the fact that Papa Ning has to spend the money for her school fee.

For that Papa Ning has to work harder to earn money. Bai Ling doesn't want to make his Papa Ning to suffer more.

"But still she's just a kid. How can she go for a work? Is that place safe for her to work" Ning Xuan started to worry about Bao Yu. It's not that she hate Bao Yu, it's just she was afraid what if she hurts her family.

"Shall we follow her?" Bai Ling suggested.

"Then what about going to school?" Qing Ze raised his eyebrow. "We can ditch" Ning Xuan winked at them.

Qing Ze smacked both of their head, "If you don't leave in five seconds don't ever dream to borrow my homework" with that he left.

"Hey wait" - Ning Xuan

"We'll go with you" - Bai Ling

Both of them ran after Qing Ze.

It took fifteen minutes to reach Madam Yi's restaurant. Bao Yu changed into her uniform and started to clean around.

"You came early?" Bao Yu saw Madam Yi was in her nightgown still yawning.

"I don't have anything to do at home. So I thought to come here early" Bao Yu replied to her.

"Come and have breakfast with me" Madam Yi called her to get inside to her house.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine" then a embarrassing sound came from Bao Yu's stomach. BaoYu didn't had breakfast at home, Bao Yu thought she won't be hungry until afternoon so Bao Yu can have her lunch here instead of home.

Yesterday Bao Yu got the confirmation that they'll provide  lunch and dinner to the employees. Bao Yu was glad when she heard that. It's not that Papa Ning was not feeding her. She was just feeling embarrassed to eat his food without helping him.

"Here after you can have all your three meals here. If you don't eat I'll deduct it from your salary" Madam Yi didn't wait for her answer as she went inside.

Bao Yu hesitated for a second then decided to follow Madam Yi inside.

Madam Yi's house was designed in an ancient style. When Bao Yu entered inside she heard some noises. It's like students were practicing martial arts.

Master Yi was her husband who won a lot of awards in Martial arts. Bao Yu heard from Sister Mei that they have a small school to teach the students. Bao Yu peeked and saw few kids and adults were practicing.

Bao Yu turned around and started to look for Madam Yi. Her house has lot of rooms. Bao Yu don't know where was the kitchen because this was her first time entering into Madam Yi's house.

When Bao Yu was about to open one room, the door suddenly opened and revealed a boy only in his underwear.

They both shocked and screamed at the same time. Bao Yu punched his face in shock before she ran out screaming from the top of her lungs.