Chapter 7- Sirius Black

I sit in the hall trying to ignore the whispers about me and my dad. He had been spotted near here so now Professors and my friends are constantly keeping an eye on me and Harry. I stand up and walk out of the hall as I cannot take the whispers anymore. I walk up to the common room, I hear screaming. I debate whether to go get someone but instead, I go against it. Because what's life without a little risk? I walk up the steps. But I suddenly stop when I see him. Sirius Black. My dad. "Dad?" I ask. He turns around. "Clara," He breathes. Tears fill my eyes. I run up and hug him. He hesitantly hugs back. Clearly confused as too why someone was hugging a convicted murderer. "I'm innocent." He says pulling back. "I swear!" He adds. I smile. "I know," I say quietly. I hear multiple footsteps. "Go!" I whisper. He runs soon transforming into a black dog. I pretend to put on a surprised face while looking at the painting. I soon hear Percey's voice. "What's the meaning of this?" He says walking up the steps. Dumbledore soon walks up. "Mr Flich? Round up the ghosts, find the fat lady."

"No need. She right there," He says pointing to the fat lady.

"Dear Lady, who did this to you?" He says calmly. 

"Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!" She says. 

I feel eyes stare on to me. "Did you know?" Some asks. I was about to answer but the fat lady beats me to it. "No, she got here just after he left." She says. Dumbledore nods. I mouth a 'thank you,' to her when everyone goes into their own conversation. She nods slightly. "Secure the castle, the rest of you to the Great Hall." He says. Remus stands there. "Clara," He motions for me to go. I look at him sadly. He sighs. "They'll catch him." He says. I nod slightly. Knowing he's innocent and they'll catch him is scary. I don't want to lose my dad. 

We all lay in the Great hall. I heard Snape and Dumbledore talking but couldn't hear what. I didn't fall asleep. I couldn't, knowing that my dad was in danger. The painting was replaced with Sir Cadogan's picture as he was the only one brave enough to take the place.