prologue (after the end)

Grayson

I unlocked the bathroom door and stepped out to be hit in the face by the smell of a freshly cooked meal. As I peered into the kitchen my heart thumped at the sight of Billie leaning against the counter. She was still here. I sighed with relief and the noise caused Billies eyes to shoot up to mine. As soon as she saw me she stood up straight. Her face was suddenly nervous and she started fiddling with her fingers.

I walked over to her and hugged her. I needed her touch right now. She relaxed into me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

We stood together for ages. Our breathing was perfectly timed as she laced her fingers through my hair. I couldn't hold back the tears that escaped my eyes. They were tears of sadness, and of relief that she was still here.

'I'm so sorry.' Billie finally broke the silence. I was confused at her words. I pulled my head back to look at her.

'What for?' I asked, frowning down at her.

'For everything. I- I didn't know what to do and I know you said to leave but I just couldn't, and then your mum came in and she told me to get you out and-' She stuttered. 

'Billie.' I interrupted. 'I know my mum got hurt, but that wasn't your fault. Did you see my dad after he hit her? I've never seen him like that.' I explained. 

'I know but if she didn't stand in front of me, she wouldn't be hurt right now.' She looked at the ground. But before she could do that for long, I pulled her face up to mine so that she was looking at me again.

'Didn't you hear what she said? She did it because she loves him, not me.' I felt the tears returning to my eyes. 'They're both fucked in the head. I'm sorry that you had to see all of that, but thank you for getting me out. If it wasn't for you, I'd still be laying on my bedroom floor.' I was speaking louder now, I let the tears be replaced with anger. Anger at my parents for what they had done to me.

That's when I decided, they weren't my parents anymore. I was out of that house for good. I didn't need any family other than Billie, and my uncle of course. I felt my first sense of hope. I could do this. I was a new person, no shitty parents or anger issues. The only thing that was the same, was Billie.

'Thanks for sticking around Billie.' I sighed. She looked at me confused, but when she saw that I was serious, she just smiled and nodded.

I kissed her then. It was the right kiss, at the right time, with the right person. Everything was going to get better from here.

***

Hey everyone!

I thought I would start this book off with the last bit of the final chapter from the first book, just to remind everyone where we are in the story.

Chapter One coming soon !!

<3

***