𝟎.𝟎𝟐, the beginning

𝐓 𝐇 𝐄   𝐁 𝐄 𝐆 𝐈 𝐍 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆

        𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐘 Rose Prewett trusted the stars.

She first decided this at age six, while staring up at the sky from a grassy patch beside the Black Lake. Clearly full of wisdom beyond her years, the young girl decided that they were her personal guardians.

From then on, her grey eyes sparkled every night, skipping with the light of those burning balls of flame, millions of miles away. They were independent, glittering, surrounded by darkness, and Melody knew — they understood her.

After all, her life hadn't been a fairytale.

Parents tragically killed at age two, raised by a grandmother who was tightly wound, and haunted by the ghost of her shrouded past, Melody was no stranger to independence and darkness.

It's not like she wasn't familiar with glitter, with happiness, either — she had lots of freedom within Hogwarts Castle, and plenty of older students to keep her company. She'd become a school celebrity in a matter of days, and slowly grew into the role. She spent her youth exploring the secret corridors and annoying Snape in any way possible — a five-year-old begging Madam Hooch to lend her a broom, a seven-year-old running away to Hogsmeade because her grandmother hadn't yet bought her a wand, a nine-year-old breaking into Filch's office alongside Fred and George. (Soon, she was practically a third Weasley twin.) Her ego was large, no doubt, and everyone wondered who she had gotten it from.

Sure, Melody had an abnormal childhood. She certainly caused a lot of trouble for someone related to Minerva McGonagall, but she couldn't be expected to behave in a castle full of magical mayhem, could she?

Everyone Melody met was left in awe and bewilderment. She'd slap you before she'd smile at you, but you could gain her trust in a moment's time. She was a glimmer of light behind a dark obscurity, proof that the sun will always conquer the moon. She was a shining galaxy, an undiscovered cosmos. She was light years away, yet full of glowing orbs.

Melody Prewett was indeed celestial, in every meaning of the word —

But she doesn't yet know what happens when two heavenly bodies collide.

On that glorious, monumental evening, the orange leaves were filling up the grounds, and the setting sun felt warm against her skin. Every castle wall was lit with flaming torches, like small explosions of stardust combating the gentle gust of wind outside. Autumn had dressed up in gold, the richest season of the soul. It was the start of a new term, and plain as day — the start of a new chapter.