Chapter 3

Searing grabbed her talon and tore off Obelisks. She ran to the hole besides the river and bumped into Snowskull on the way. She toppled over and landed on her tummy, her claws dug into the hard stone and left marks that anyone could assume were teeth marks."Stop! Someone should go in the hole, but definitely not you, Searing." Snowskull cried.

Combustion grumped, "Well then WHO will Mrs. Make-a-plan-then-bore-her-friends-to-death-with-it?" Snowskull looked intrigued, "Me."

Snowskull looked at Combustion, pushed him off the hole, and jumped inside.

...

The cold darkness slipped around Snowskull's scales as the black consumed her. She landed with a thud on the cold icy floor.

"Island! Are you ok?" Snowskull called trotting around the icy cave. She heard crying in the distance and broke into a run towards a slippery corner in the dark cave.

There was a river with ice blocks running across, and she saw a blurry figure at the bottom who looked like Island to her. The last thing she wanted to do was dive into a freezing cold river but, if it was for her friends, she would go past the limits. She was about to dive but a thought struck her. I don't feel like they feel the same way about me. I would do anything for my friends, but it feels like all they want to do to me is call me names and complain about my plans to protect or save them.

But she had to get a move on, so she jumped into the ice river absentmindedly. She felt the water take over her scales. It coiled its way into her eyes and she couldn't see anything but rushing bubbles having races across the river.

Her legs started kicking through the water, when she resurfaced she took a long deep breath but even that couldn't sooth how cold the river was. I've been in more cold temperatures than this before. Like when I was in my egg, the guardians said I was buried in snow. Snowskull took another breath, opened her eyes and slowly descended down into the river once more.

She puffed out her cheeks and swam down into the depths of the river where Island sat down at the bottom curled up like a little ball.

Snowskull was trying to get to the bottom of the pool but everytime she tried to get deeper she seemed to levitate back up to the surface.

On one of her attempts, Island must have spotted her because a heap of bubbles floated out of her nostrils and she started swimming around frantically lighting up her luminescent scales. Snowskull couldn't hold her breath much longer. At least Island had spotted her. She floated back up to the surface and climbed out.

Snowskull caught her breath and looked back down into the pool. Island was still frantically racing around the pool, but she finally stopped. Island stared up from the water at Snowskull, looking almost confused and worried. Snowskull gestured for Island to come up, but she didn't.

Snowskull squinted for a better look at what Island was doing. But then she saw- the SeaWing didn't look like Island- this dragon was green not dark blue like Island. But there can't be another dragon, can there? Snowskull thought longingly. Maybe some kelp is surrounding her. But Snowskull wasn't crazy, she saw another dragon, right in front of her own eyes.

Then far away she heard a sob and what sounded like rocks clattering on the ground. She couldn't be hearing the dragon that was in the water, there was only one other dragon that could be down here, Island.

Snowskull shot a look at the new dragon in the water then ran off, shaking as she went to get all the water droplets off of her. She ran towards the sound of the crying. "Wait!" Snowskull whipped around to face a green SeaWing who was dripping water all over the floor. "Please, do not mention to Island that I am here."

"How do you know Island? Are you a SeaWing spy?" Snowskull snarled and she strutted over to the SeaWing. "You resemble pity knowing my friend. You are a melting icicle, you are a bad, bad dragon."

"You don't even know me!" The SeaWing cried. "My name is Bermuda. I'm..." Snowskull snorted, "You're who?"

"I'm..." said Bremuda. "I'm Island's brother."