𝐕.

🚬

the world may disapprove
but my world is only you

..⃗. chapter five : loading.... 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

the door creaked slightly as jungkook closed it behind him.

"mom, jungkook's home!" somi, his younger sister, sat at the honey table-clothed dining table doing her homework.

"hey somi," he sighed and ran his hand through his hair, plopping his butt heavy backpack onto the floor next to him.

she scrunched her nose. "ew, you smell like smoke. you smoke??" her eyes widened.

"no, taehyung does." he rolled his eyes, meaning duh.

"oh. your friend?"

"mhm," he hummed. just then, his mom entered the kitchen area.

"hi honey, how was school?" her soft brown doe eyes, much similar to her son, inquired. sizzling sounds erupted from the grill as she lined up the kalbi in neat rows.

"good," he lied.

his mother nodded and continued checking the meat.

——

they finished their nightly prayer with a few moments of silence. "amen," the family spoke in unison.

jungkook felt a bad feeling blooming in his gut.

he was a disgrace.

he picked at the food on his plate. "how was your day, son?" his father grunted.

"good," he lied.

"the kalbi is really good, mom, thank you," jungkook smiled.

she smiled back and placed her hand over his.

"you're welcome."

"honey, why don't you bring any friends over besides taehyung? you should probably start dating someone soon," she said. "you're already a senior! everyone else has a girlfriend already." she glanced over his features expectantly, frowning when he didn't reply.

jungkook paused, in the middle of grabbing a new piece of kalbi.

oh.

"he's lonely," somi replied for him, giggling childishly as she munched on her rice.

his parents looked uncertain, and his mom opened her mouth to speak. "our new neighbor, sujin, seems like a nice girl! why don't you invite her over for dinner tomorrow?"

jungkook wanted to gag. mom, i'm in love with a boy, he wanted to say. but how could he? he'd bring shame and disgrace to his family, his neighborhood. surely nothing good would come out of it.

"yes, mom." his throat was closing up, choking his breaths into uneven huffs.

"hm, honey." all faces turned to his father, who had a pair of glasses sitting uncomfortably on the tip of his nose. it looked like it could fall off any second now.

"i heard at work today that one of my colleagues had to leave to america because his son was expelled from school."

"who was it? do we know them?" jungkook's mother seemed slightly concerned.

"park jimin, i believe? that was his son's name."

that name seemed familiar.

jimin was in his math class; he was actually really kind to jungkook. jungkook remembered when jimin would let him borrow pencils (and sometimes snacks) during class.

"why?" he interrupted the silence that had settled in a thin layer over the pastel yellow checkered table-cloth. "why was he expelled?"

"apparently there was a rumor that his son was a .. fag." jungkook's heart cracked lightly when he saw his family's reactions.

oh. he knew there must have been a reason for an angel like jimin to make his dad's nose scrunch in disgust.

"i'm full," was all he could force out of himself. he sat up calmly and walked into the kitchen, scooping his leftover food into the trash can and placing his dishes in the sink.

he made his way through the dark hallway until his family could no longer see him, then ran into his room, locked the door, and fell backwards onto his bedsheets. he turned to his right and dug his head sharply into his pillow, soaking it with his tears.

all he wanted was to be in taehyung's arms.

he opened his phone and sent the boy a quick text out of habit.

"i miss you."
then he deleted it.

🚬

🗒 ❛ author's note: ༉‧₊˚✧
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝒕𝒚𝒔𝒎 @GLITZGOO
𝒂𝒏𝒅 SomedayFindMyThyme 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 :) 𝒊𝒍𝒚.