31- Acid-Green Interview

For the last week or so, Hermione and I had a brilliant idea, as we usually did when we put our heads together. Now that a large portion of our year, and the older students, believed Harry, it was time to move to bigger audiences: The Wizarding world. And what better way to do so than with the witch who wouldn't shut up about Harry Potter?

The morning came faster than expected, meaning it was the fourteenth of February— Valentine's Day. The four of us made it to breakfast in time for the daily owl post. Hermione was tugging a letter from the beak of an unfamiliar brown owl as I looked over her shoulder.

"And about time! If it hadn't come today..." she said eagerly, tearing open the envelope and pulling out a small piece of parchment. Looking over her shoulder, I read the letter and I felt grimly pleased.

"Listen, Harry," she said, looking up at him. "This is really important... Do you think you could meet me in the Three Broomsticks around midday?"

"Well... I dunno," said Harry dubiously. "Cho might be expecting me to spend the whole day with her. We never said what we were going to do."

"Cho?" I echoed and hastily added, "Well, bring her along if you must."

"Well... all right," Harry agreed, "but why?"

"We haven't got time to tell you now, I've got to answer this quickly —"

And she hurried out of the Great Hall without me, the letter clutched in one hand and a piece of uneaten toast in the other.

"Are you coming?" Harry asked Ron, but he shook his head, looking glum.

"I can't come into Hogsmeade at all, Angelina wants a full day's training. Like it's going to help — we're the worst team I've ever seen. You should see Sloper and Kirke, they're pathetic, even worse than I am." He heaved a great sigh. "I dunno why Angelina won't just let me resign..."

"It's because you're good when you're on form, that's why," said Harry irritably.

"Are you really going on a date with Cho?" I said quietly.

"Yeah," he smiled faintly, "I asked her after the last D.A. practise."

"Oh, that's nice," I said. "I reckon I should go meet Hermione. Loads of work to do."

With that, I grabbed my cloak and ran out of the Hall to look for Hermione. After signing out with Filch, I found Hermione and Luna halfway down the path to Hogsmeade.

"Is everything set?" I asked them.

"Daddy says he's on board," Luna said airily.

"And I sent the letter just before," added Hermione.

I nodded in response and continued down the walkway to the small village. Three Broomsticks was beginning to fill up with students and couples. My heart panged at the slight realization that I was spending my Valentine's Day alone with Hermione and Luna to set up an interview for Harry. I pushed away the disappointment and thought about how we were helping Harry get his word out.

Walking up to the bar, I ordered a pineapple-coconut slushie for me, a cherry lime slush for Hermione, and a gillywater for Luna. The three of us went over to the far corner and spoke amongst ourselves. It wasn't long until Rita Skeeter came in with her horrible acid-green robes and crocodile-skin handbag. She ordered herself a firewhiskey and sat next to Hermione.

"How peculiar you've summoned me?" Rita raised a suspicious brow.

"Well, you've read our letters," I said sharply.

"You two have been vague in your letters," she said.

"For good reason!" Hermione said. "Iverson and I believe that —"