43- Stolen Kisses

Hermione and I stuck together most of the time, sometimes allowing Harry to join; Ron didn't seem to understand why Hermione was so short with him and continued to ask me until I explained that it was because he had been rude to her two times in a week. Plus Hermione and I haven't spoken to Lavender Brown, who seems to be attached to the lips of Ron.

"Harry, you have to be careful," I warned him. We were currently in the library since Ron and Lavender were in the common room, making out.

"Not you, too," Harry groaned.

"I'm not talking about your Prince problem– which I still think you shouldn't listen to, but that's not what it is," I rolled my eyes. "I'm talking about earlier. I went into the girls' bathroom with Hermione, just before we came in here, and there were about a dozen girls in there, including Romilda Vane, trying to decide how to slip you a love potion. They're all hoping they're going to get you to take them to Slughorn's party and they all seem to have bought Fred and George's love potions—"

"Why didn't you confiscate them then?" demanded Harry of Hermione.

"They haven't the potions with them in the bathroom," said Hermione scornfully. "They were just discussing tactics. As I doubt whether even the Half-Blood Prince" — she gave the book another nasty look — "could dream up an antidote for a dozen different love potions at once, I'd just invite someone to go with you, that'll stop all the others thinking they've still got a chance. It's tomorrow night, they're getting desperate."

"There isn't anyone I want to invite," mumbled Harry.

I frowned at him as Hermione shot me a look.

"Well, just be careful what you drink, because Romilda Vane looked like she meant business," I said grimly. "She seems to only want you because she thinks you're The Chosen One."

"But I am The Chosen One," Harry said with a smirk. I hit him over the head with one of the books in my hands, causing him to cry out in pain. "I'm joking! It's a joke," he added, rubbing the sore spot.

"We're being serious, Harry," Hermione warned. "It's dangerous!"

"Hang on a moment," he said slowly. "I thought Filch had banned anything bought at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes?"

"And when has anyone ever paid attention to what Filch has banned?" I asked, absentmindedly reading my Alchemy book.

Before either of them could respond, Madam Pince came around and kicked us out of the library once she saw Harry's Potions book. Stepping into the common room, we were quickly stopped by Romilda Vane.

"Hi, Harry!" she said. "Fancy a gillywater?"

I coughed dramatically and walked away with Hermione just in time to hear, "No, thanks. I don't like it much."

"Well, take these anyway," I heard Romilda say. "Chocolate Cauldrons, they've got firewhisky in them. My gran sent them to me, but I don't like them."

"Oh— right— thanks a lot," Harry responded. "Er— I'm just going over here with... my friends."

Harry came over to Hermione and me with a box of chocolates.

"Told you so," Hermione and I chorused.

"The sooner you ask someone, the sooner they'll all leave you alone and you can—"

But Hermione's face suddenly turned blank, staring at something behind me. Turning around, I spotted Ron and Lavender, who were entwined in the same armchair.

"Good night, Harry," Hermione said. "Come on, Iverson," she grabbed my hand and dragged me up the stairs.

"It's not a good idea, Hermione," I said grimly as we approached the Hufflepuff table in between lessons the next day.