Homecoming

Hyun Bin opens the front door as quietly as he possibly can. The first thing that hits him is the lingering scent of orange blossom, with hints of clementine and water lilies.

It smells like a garden, like home... like her. He smiles to himself, relieved that he's finally back where he belongs.

Bin takes off his shoes at the foyer, careful not to make any loud noises. A little over an hour ago, he'd arrived in Incheon Airport with nothing but his backpack and to very little fanfare—much to his relief.

When he was told that there was a possibility that Jordanian government was seriously considering a total lockdown due to the increasing number of coronavirus cases, he immediately started making all of the necessary steps to ensure that he could go home as soon as he possibly could. As soon as he was informed that he'd tested negative and was okay to fly, he packed a bag with just the bare essentials and got on the first flight out to Doha, then onward finally to Incheon.

The moonlight streaming from the open window of the terrace gave him just enough light to navigate without having to turn on any of the lights. He makes a beeline for the office, which luckily for him has an ensuite bathroom.

He quickly strips down and takes a much needed shower, washing away the grime and fatigue that inevitably came with the almost 14-hour journey home.

But as relaxing as the hot water is on his tired muscles, he can't help but rush through the shower, eager to finally be back in the arms of the woman he loves.

He finishes up, drying himself with one of the bath towels and putting on a fresh pair of boxer briefs from his backpack before carefully making his way into Ye-jin's room.

He opens the bedroom door and sees her fast asleep, laying on her side in the middle of the bed all bundled up like a burrito with her head and legs sticking out and her hair all over the place.

While she looks adorable, the sight makes his heart ache. The only way she could've ended up like that is if she'd been tossing and turning in her sleep, and he knows she only does that if she'd gone to bed bothered by something.

It's very likely that he was the cause of it, as he wasn't able to inform her in advance that he was on his way home and she hadn't heard from him for at least twelve hours.

Bin sits down beside Ye-jin and brushes the hair from her face, careful not to wake her. Her expression is relaxed, her beautiful face framed by her long dark hair. As exhausted as he was from the long journey home, he just couldn't stop looking at her. Video calls and selfies don't do her beauty justice at all, and for a few minutes, he just sits there, mesmerised by her beauty and overwhelmed by his love and longing for her.

He starts to carefully adjust and unwrap Ye-jin from her blanket burrito so that they can both fit in her bed, and when he does, the sight that greets him has him biting back a groan.

Ye-jin is completely naked underneath the covers, and her smooth alabaster skin seems to glow in the moonlight streaming from her bedroom window. Her beautiful face, her perfectly shaped breasts, her toned stomach, her shapely legs... every single inch of her is perfect. He couldn't look away even if he wanted to... and he didn't want to.

Son Ye-jin... his rock, his queen, his kryptonite. She raises him up just as much as she brings him to his knees, and he is totally and utterly helpless when it comes to her.

Bin just couldn't help himself, he's been deprived of her for nearly two months. As if possessed by some entity he is powerless to stop, his hands trail down the length of her body of their own accord, eager to feel her warm, silky skin beneath his palms.