6

"Not yet."

Those two words had been stuck in Florence's head for the past three (3) days and she was still in shock because of them. It was Friday meaning it was the day for her first date with Dylan and she was more nervous than she had ever been in her life.

Checking her watch, she saw that it was four thirty (4:30 PM) and he was picking her up at six thirty (6:30 PM). She was mulling over what to wear when Milo barged into her bedroom and plopped on top of her where she was laying on the bed.

"Ow, get off. Mimi you're too heavy for this, I can not breathe."

"Are you calling me fat? How rude!" With that he rolled off of her and stood up. Picking her up, he carried her to her closet and pointed at the outfit she was going to wear.

"Since when did you have a sense of fashion? Not going to lie, this does look really good."

"Be quiet and go get ready or else you'll be late."

Throwing her hands up in surrender, she grabbed the items of clothing and walked into her connected bathroom. Placing them down, she hopped in the shower and took her time cleansing herself. Making sure not to slice her skin with the razor, she shaved her arms and legs, thanking her past self to have gotten a Brazilian wax before she came to New York.

Finishing up in the shower, Florence completed her routine and braided her hair into two long french braids. Walking out of the bathroom, she grabbed her shoes, putting them on and doing a once over in the mirror.

Milo picked out a wine red, chunky knit sweater, a plaid mini skirt with stocking underneath and knee high heeled boots that matched her top. She threw on a grey trench coat, a silver Rolex and a matching red lipstick. Taking her YSL purse off the vanity, she placed her wallet, phone and keys into it. She was done.

Closing her bedroom door behind her, she jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen where she heard her family voices come from. As soon as she walked in, they all turned simultaneously and started whistling.

"DAMN! I am good!" Milo remarked all while looking quite happy with himself.

"You look beautiful my darling!"

She thanked her father, who hugged her mother and started babbling about how time had really flown. Stating how his baby girl was all grown up and flown the coop. He was so dramatic sometimes, but she knew they were also doing this to help calm her nerves.

"Dad, I 'flew the coop' when I was eighteen (18) years old. Did you take mum's medication again or?"

All four of them doubled over in laughter, because Paul had once done that and it made him extremely emotional, more than usual. It was a good day.

Not too long after, the door bell rang, signalling someone was at the door. Florence got up from her seat by the island and opened the door.

Dylan Rode had just arrived at the Green household and his hands were sweaty because he was anxious. He trudged his way through the snow, up the stairs to the door, where he placed a gloved finger and rang the door bell.

He watched as the portal swung open and revealed an absolutely breathtaking view. His eyes slowly glided from her boot clad feet to her braided head. He was at a loss for words, as he had never been so starstruck in his life. The emotions he felt right now, he had never felt before and did not want to stop feeling.

"You two just going to stand there and stare at each other for the whole evening or something?"

Twirling around, Florence glared at her brother and hissed, "Shut up." In turn, he made a zipping motion over his lips and walked away. Though the minute he turned around, his shoulders started to shake from laughter.

Turning back to face her date, she smiled and said, "Do you want to come in first before we go?"

"No thank you Amore. We have got to get going actually."

Nodding, he watched as she turned around and yelled to her family that she was leaving, which was following by a chorus of "Okay!" and "Have fun!"

Stepping out, she shut the door behind her and placed her gloved hand in his. Together, hand in hand they plodded through the snow and to his car. Once inside, Dylan gave her a kiss on the cheek before telling her how beautiful she looked tonight. This set her face ablaze and she thanked him, reciprocating his compliment.

He held her hand the entire drive to the restaurant near Sak's Fifth Avenue, which was a steakhouse called, Maloney & Porcelli. Florence had never been there before but her family and friends were always raving about how good the food was there, so she was excited.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see that his date was practically vibrating in her seat with anticipation. He had asked Milo beforehand what restaurants had she never been to before but always wanted to try, because he wanted to make this a night of new experiences for her. It was all meticulously planned out from beginning to end to make sure she enjoyed herself.

Chuckling at her eagerness, he squeezed her hand and informed her that they should be there in about fifteen (15) minutes. She reminded him of a child who was going to see the giant Christmas tree in Times Square for the first time, it was so cute.

Pulling into a parking space in front of the restaurant, the couple climbs out and makes their way to the doors. As they are about to go through the door, Florence hears a voice she never in a million years thought would be in New York.

"Baby is that you?"