Chapter 6

{Izzah's POV}

Sunday morning

I'm checking on the news in my phone and I see Andrew on the garden yelling on the staffs. I go there to check what's going on.

"You piece of trash! Just keep gossiping here and there

"You piece of trash! Just keep gossiping here and there. Who's going to finish the work? Look at the tree plants. They're not trimmed well. What about the pesticides? And these mud all over the grass. Who's going to clean them off?"

"What's going on here?", His annoying shouting needs to stop.

"Good morning ma'am", his voice is calm and he lowers his eyes with manners.

"I don't see anything good about this morning though, spoiled by your shouts" need to change him soon.

"I apologize, actually I was disciplining them. They've slacked off during this few days", doing my job, ain't you?

"Hmm good, I like it that you're reminding them their work, all of you can get to your job now" When they left I said, "Not you, Andrew"

"Yes ma'am"

"What about your work? Do I need to discipline you?"

"Ma'am please elaborate", this guy must have a thick skull.

"I'm asking about Alyan. You found anything doubtful about him?"

"No ma'am I enquired about him. You can relax. He's absolutely harmless", and when were you thinking of telling me?

"Hmm that's fine. You should find him a house he needs one badly"

"Okay ma'am"

"You can leave now" I turn
around to see mom standing behind me. I wonder how long she's been listening to.

"Mom, you're awake", I give her a morning hug.

"Izzah you shouldn't have enquired about him", starting my day with your lectures. What a nice start!

"I was just prioritising my family's security"

"I already told you yesterday how much he helped me still you've this doubt"

"You're good mom, you can see good in others easily. But I'm practical. I believe in proofs"

"Alright but I'm happy to know that you're searching a house for him"

"Repaying you see"
Mom gives me a sigh of relief and we get inside for breakfast.

"I believe Arish is going to sleep till noon today", I say while sitting on chair.

"Yeah it's his holiday after all", Ross serves down the plates from the tray.

Before I could take a bite, I look at mom she isn't touching the food."Do you need something? Is there anything missing?"

"No I'm not that hungry. I'll pass", she's acting weird.

"I know you never miss the breakfast so stop lying"

"Let's wait for all to come", she's forgetting again.

"Wait till noon? Mom Arish isn't.."

*Yawn*
"Good morning ladies", I'm cut off by Alyan. How could I forget about him? I snort rolling my eyes. "Good morning. Come we're waiting for you", so mom remembered him while I was the forgetting one.
He takes a seat right beside mom and opposite of mine.

"I apologize for being late, where is Arish?" Must've slept really well in my mansion.

"He is still sleeping" I'm chewing my food when mom and this chatterbox kept chatting. I can feel his eyes sticking on me the whole time, "I'm done"

I finally look at him when he has finished. "Good. Now you can leave"

"Leave? Where?", How innocent he plays! I bet he must've been an actor.

"You're our guest for last night only. Then you had breakfast shamelessly and you're still standing here like an idiot", I was holding myself a lot not anymore.

"Izzah, stop it", mom gives me a cold look.

"Mom, he needs to go back. I've tolerated him enough"

"Okay Miss... I was about to leave. What did you thought?", I wonder if he doesn't remember my name. What's with this miss?

He looks at mom saying,
"Aunty you keep doing those exercises. It'll help you a lot"

"Okay dear. You take care of yourself"

"What kind of exercise?", I doubt I'm missing out something.

"Oh I didn't find time to tell you, he's an AEP (Accredited Exercise Physiologist)", wait whaat?

"Are you sure, mom?" Like C'mon he does have a muscular body but he doesn't look like a doctor in any way. It's just so hard to believe. I'm staring at him to find any trace of what she just said.

"I know I'm too handsome to be one" He gave me a self-satisfied smirk.

"Such a narcissist", my thinking gets aloud.

"Okay, aunty. I'll be get going" Finally, I thought.
He looks behind saying, "I need to talk to you. Can you come outside?" Is he silly or what? What can be the matter?

"Go honey, see him off"
I listen to mom and head outside."What?"

"Look, I think it'll be better if you keep a professional doctor or nurse for her 24/7. Her condition is stable for now. But we don't know when will she go in that space and forget her surroundings again. So don't waste time and keep one", who's he to tell me that?

I keep my brows furrowed together when he asks,"What?"

"First of all, she's my mom. I don't need to know from a stranger what to do for her. Secondly, I've been consulting with my family doctor for a long time. Thirdly, thanks for your help, I hope not to see you again"

Hearing those words coming from my mouth he spat out a little laugh. I glare at him.
"Cool, you think you know how to handle her then I won't have found her in that state there. Yes, I might be just a stranger to you but I'm a wellwisher of her. Goodbye"
He leaves shifting his cap on his head firmly.

"I know how to deal with her, you don't need to remind me" I shout at the spot for him to hear as he already gone far away. Bloody moron!