OC X Malcolm

"Hey" I heard a familiar voice rattle my eardrums. I spun around on the pavement to face a teenage boy around my age.

"Hey" I called back. He approached me, his green eyes landing on my blue ones.

"You're Beth, right? You were a Krelboyne" He almost stated instead of asked, a hint of condescension in his voice.

I look him up and down, studying him. He was tall (atleast 5'8), was wearing two t-shirts and had dark, spiky hair.

"Yeah, that's me... Wait, you look familiar... Are you Malcolm's brother?" I questioned the teen. He smirked in my direction.

"Yeah, I'm Reese" He stated, holding out his hand. "How have we not met before?"

I took his hand. "We have, just not formally like this" I threw a small smile at him. "Usually, when I see you, you have your arm wrapped around a kids neck"

Taking his hand away from mine, he laughed in response.

"C'mon, I'll walk you home" He said, walking ahead of myself.

"You know where I live?" I swear I could hear him gulp after I spoke. He turned to me, directing a wide smile at myself.

"Would you find it creepy if I did?" Reese asked. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Would you?"

"Well, I'd find it flattering if I were you"

I smiled at him, dropping my frown.

"Stupid question" I muttered as we continued walking.

"So, you know my brother?" Reese said, glancing quickly at me before diverting his gaze back to the concrete before us.

"Uh, yeah, has he never mentioned me before? I mean, we kinda grew up together in school"

"Oh, he has, like, a lot" He puts emphasis on the last word. Really? Malcolm talks about me?

"Right... Well, we're still lab partners now so we're working on a new project to do with an enzyme" I informed the teenager.

I saw him nod in my peripheral vision.

"That's cool, would you wanna come over later to work on it?"

"Malcolm asked you to do this, didn't he?"

He stopped suddenly, holding his gaze on me.

"You're good," He smiled. "Yeah, he's kinda shy around you, so I said I'd help, just don't tell him I told you" He said, his brow furrowing into a worried gaze.

I smiled. "Don't worry, mom's the word and I'd love to come over to work on our project tonight, what time?"

"Anytime after 6"

"Deal"

---

"Where is he, Reese? I've been here for an hour already" I asked the teenager from across the room. He was laying on his bed whilst I leaned on one of the desks opposite him, tossing a ball back and fro to each other.

"He'll be back soon, I think" Reese said, throwing the ball back to me. I looked at the boy before me. He wasn't looking back at me as he spoke.

"Reese," I said, placing myself next to him on the bed. He was still avoiding eye contact with me. "Malcolm isn't comi-"

"Hey, sorry I'm late, Beth" I turned my head to meet a pale blue-eyed boys gaze. Malcolm.

"Oh, Malcolm, hey" I said.