18.

A week had passed and I was finally able to move around with out being in excruciating pain. Having your whole body black and blue is very hard to deal with. The bruises were now turning a yellow color and I looked awful. I didn't look close to myself. I looked like I belonged in a hospital for some unknown disease, if I was completely honest.

Austin had been helping me a lot! He would cook and then bring the meals to my room, where we would eat together on my bed. He would also help me walk to and from the bathroom.

The first night we had returned to this house, he had to help me bath. I felt so embarrassed that I couldn't wash my hair by myself. I didn't want to ask for help, but Austin knew I would have trouble. So I had filled the bath up and added a crap ton of bubbles. After I had submerged into the water, I called Austin in, and he washed my hair for me. In the end, it was really nice. He had been very gentle and almost put me to sleep.

After that night,  Austin went back to his brooding hateful self. But this time, every now and then I would see a small smile playing on his lips. He was still rude and cursed all the time, but I didn't mind it. It was just who he was. We still rarely talked, but that wasn't anything new. We just ate together, then went to our own rooms.

I had been having a few nightmares, but nothing too horrible. They always seemed to start and right before they would develop into something awful, they seemed to just drift away. I wasn't complaining though. At least I was getting sleep every night.

.

.

Two weeks had passed since I had returned and I hadn't once thought about going back home. I know people are probably looking for me, but I just can't bring myself to care. My bruises almost none existing. I was feeling a whole lot better now that I wasn't in pain anymore all the time.

A knock came on my door, and I smiled as Austin came in. He had the scowl that I hated so much plastered to his face.

"We need to talk." He grunted out.

"Okay." I lightly smiled. "What is it?"

"You're going back home." His eyes were emotionless, not giving anything away.

I scrunched my eyebrows confused. "If that's what you want." I whispered. I wouldn't fight him on this. He already knew how I felt, and he knew I would die before I told anyone where he was. So if he didn't want me here, I wasn't going to argue with him about it.

"That's all your going to say?" He asked disbelieving.

I looked him in the eyes. "What else am I supposed to say? If you don't want me here, then I shouldn't be here." An emotion passed through his eyes, but I couldn't decipher what it was it was; It flashed by too quickly.

We stayed quiet for a moment. I couldn't look at him in fear of crying. I was close to the edge, but I bottled it up. I would wait until I got home for that. I just knew if I looked into his eyes for long, it would all break free.

"We leave tonight. I know you don't like flying, but it's our only way there. I'm sorry." He didn't sound like this was bothering him at all. That made everyting hurt more.

"I will be fine. I trust you." I looked up, and gave him a small smile before looking away again. I stared out the window, looking at the beautiful trees that swayed in the wind. A red bird flew by, and I could hear it singing a happy tune. That brought another grin to my face. Nature was beautiful.

"You shouldn't." Austin hissed.

I had been too busy watching outside, that I forgot what I said. "Shouldn't what?" I asked, clearly confused.