離れてリッピング: Ripped Away

It started out with him being nothing but a helpful little turtle.

Even though there were times he made something break or caused a mini explosion. Even though he wasn't as smart as Donnie was, he took pride in being his older brother's little lab assistant whenever he could.

And Don himself secretly seemed to enjoy the younger's company because he never truly got angry at him for messing something up, not really. And even if he did, he would always immediately apologize once those soft blue eyes form the slightly hint of tears.

Because his brothers knew that making Mikey cry was the worst feeling in the world

It was an automatic failure as a brother.

Leo would frantically apologize trying to make everything better by promising to do whatever hobby Mikey enjoyed at the time. Raph would tear himself apart for weeks afterwards wallowing in guilt until Mikey all but yelled that he forgave him and Donnie would just hug his brother tight, while feeling like the worst possible thing on the planet, tears stinging his eyes as well. And they all thought Mikey was the only sensitive one.

Regardless, he happily walked into his Donnie's lab.

"So, Donnie whatcha working on?" He had asked his brother, curiously, with a smile on his face.

"Trying to synthesize this new power source for the new Tunneler I'm building. It's a very rare source of energy that Cody gave to me as a goodbye present before we came back home."

Mikey remembered grinning, leave it to Cody to make Don even more nerdy then he already was, "Can I help, master?" He teased as he pretended to be Igor to his brother's Frankenstein.

Don scoffed and whacked Mikey on the head playfully. "Yeah, you can hold these two wires separately while I go get something from the garage. Think you can do that?"

Mikey had saluted his brother and smiled. "Aye Aye, captain!"

And to his credit he was able to stay still and hold the wires without them touching for a good 10 minutes.

But his brother was taking forever and he was so bored that he decided to start singing to past the time, then he found himself tapping his feet to the song he was singing, then he began drumming his free hand on the work bench and walls.

Mikey realized too late that in his attempt to entertain himself, he accidentally knocked the large beaker filled with a glowing white blueish liquid off the shelf above him.

The liquid fell on his head and splashed everywhere, the wires he had been holding now sparked to life, a tingling erupted through his hand and traveled down his whole body. His vision blurred and he felt all kinds of wrong. He remembered looking at his hands and saw that they were slowly fading away, in fact his whole body was fading right before his eyes.

"DONNIE!" He had screamed tears falling down his cheeks, completely and utterly terrified as to what was happening to him.

All three of this brothers came charging in with their weapons drawn, only to freeze in place as they looked at him in shock.