⚝Chapter Five⚝

I love you bunches!

Konno couldn't help but smile as she read over her letter from Yue again. There was nothing else she could do because they were flying on Appa. Most of her friends were either asleep or silent, so she had decided to read Yue's letter again. It had been a long time since she even looked at it, let alone read it.

She didn't expect to feel so sad when she read it again. It was the last piece of writing from Yue that she had left, and it made her upset that she would never be able to talk to her again. However, she knew that Yue's death had a purpose, and it was working itself out in that moment.

Konno gently placed the letter bag in her bag, underneath the small knick-knack that Sokka had found in the swamp. Another small piece of paper stuck out from under the knick-knack. Her fingers grabbed hold of it and pulled it out. It was the letter from her parents. She hadn't realized she kept it.

She traced the elegant letters of the words that were written on the page. It was her mother's handwriting; she knew it because of the way the letters were curled. Her eyes scanned the page, reading it again. It said that they wanted to see her, to make sure that she was safe and okay.

A part of her felt guilty that she left without a word. Her parents had just lost their oldest daughter, and then she decided to run away without even saying goodbye to them. She couldn't imagine the pain they felt when they realized she was gone. They didn't even know if she was alive or not. 

Konno quickly stuffed the letter into her bag. She didn't want to dwell on the guilt right now. The only reason she left was because she couldn't stand it. She couldn't stand being in the Northern Water Tribe and seeing wherever Yue had been before but not being able to have her there in the flesh. 

A cool breeze blew through Konno's hair as she sat next to Katara on Appa. This felt like the old times before Aang had died, with all of them flying to random places and having a lot of fun together. But everything was different now.

Aang was still a little weak, so Sokka volunteered to take the reigns and fly Appa. She thought it was really nice for him to do that for Aang. He didn't seem to mind at all, either. 

Konno hugged her bag to her chest. Sokka was a wild driver, especially when he would accidentally fall asleep and pull on the reigns. She didn't want her bag to fall off of Appa because it held her most important things, like the letter from Yue and the letter from her parents and the little knick-knack from Yue's room. Even if she never wanted to read the letter from her parents again, she didn't want to lose it. Someday, she was going to go back home to make things right.

"Hey, Konno, can we talk?" Aang asked, tapping her on the shoulder.

Konno glanced at Katara who gave her a nod. Katara turned toward Toph with a smile on her face. She had been much happier now that Aang was alive and well. Konno was glad that she could finally have peace about him being okay.

"About what?" Konno asked Aang.

He scrubbed a hand over his close-cropped hair. It was a little strange seeing him with hair, but she was slowly getting used to it. It seemed like he didn't like his hair much. She thought it looked good on him, though.

"When I ran away from the ship the other night, I got stuck in the middle of a storm," he explained. However, Konno knew all that. She didn't understand why he was telling her this, but she didn't interrupt him. "I thought I was a goner because I didn't have the strength to survive. But someone helped me through it."

"Who?"

"Yue."

Konno's breath caught in her throat. She knew Yue was the Moon Spirit and that she had some abilities, but she didn't expect to hear that she helped Aang. Yue helped Konno through her darkest times, even when she wasn't there with her, so she knew that Aang was blessed to have Yue help him.