𝟘𝟜

"Doppio?"

"Doppio?"

At the sound of her voice, the male showed himself. His pink braided hair cascaded down his shoulders as he removed his hat, clutching it close to his chest as he approached her.

Timidly, like an innocent deer, he stared up at her with eyes red, almost teary.

"Am I not good enough?"

He questioned, his voice trembling.

"You only have eyes for Boss...."

"You'd rather spend your time with children you don't know..."

He was crying.

"All I've been doing is chase after you. Can you turn around and look at me....even if it's only for once?"

even if it's only for once?"

She sighed. Seeing his dispirited state, she pondered.

What is Doppio to her?

The answer was that he was just an underling.

It was true that she had never truly paid him attention. As he said, she centered her gaze upon the other of the two souls— from the very start, her goal had been Diavolo. The one who resides at the top. As for Doppio?

He was merely an additional, the alter-ego that came with.

However, that one murderously beauteous encounter had led him onto a completely different course, one that made 'the Boss''s most loyal subordinate to chase after another light.

Y/n gazed down into Doppio's innocent, saddened eyes, and it was like a stone being tossed across her heart, scattering soft ripples that spread through the cold, calm waters. Diffident, she frowned, and raised a finger to her lips.

There is a saying— that to a dog, although he might just be a small part of your life— you are his entire life.

Her eyes dimmed as she narrowed them craftily. She sealed his lips with her thumb, branding her fingerprint all over his open-wounded heart, and then leaned forward to kiss his cheek, over his cute freckles and bitter tears.