Family  emergency

Chapter 14

Only a week after I arrive back in the states my junior year starts at Louisiana state university.

Though living only 10 minutes away from the university had its perks.

classes started up much like normal, i met up with some of my friends from freshman year.

They all wanted to know what Australia was like, what it was like working for the Irwin's, did I meet any cute guys....

I was just on my way to the my course director's office, apparently he wanted to speak to me.

I waited on a plush couch outside his office with no sound but his assistants nails tapping against the keyboard.

"You can go in now."

Gathering my wits I opened the door.

Once I walked into the room the director was siting behind his desk.

"Miss Lawson please take a seat."

Nervously I sit in front of his desk.

"You needn't be nervous miss Lawson I merely wanted to congratulate you on preforming so well on your finals last year,miss Lawson you impressed a lot of people in Queensland, you where the highest scorer in the whole course on all your subjects, and as a reward here is a £30 apple gift card."

he made me walk here to give me a gift card.

Now I'm not trying to be ungrateful but his office is on the other side of the campus and I have my next class in 10 minutes, and its quite a way from the office.

I'm going to be pushing it.

But anyway i be polite.

"Thank you"

"Your welcome, now hurry along I'm sure you have class to attend to."

I quickly exit the room and make a quick dash across the campus, I made it to the class room with one minute to spare.

Sometime passed

Days soon turned into weeks.

Robert has promised me that when he came to the states he would visit me, but as of yet , still no opportunity for him to come down.

We still face timed every day but it wasn't the same as physically being in the same room as him.

Though I did get a nice surprise on a 16th of September.

I was in the middle big my mammal evolution I felt my phone vibrate.

It wasn't until I had finished class and was on my way to lunch did I get the chance to check my phone.

If was was from Tanya

"Meet baby Izzy"

And underneath that a picture of Tanya looking exhausted, clearly just given birth holding a tiny bundle in her arms.

I quickly sent a text of congratulations.

She's precious

I make my way to my final class of the day Though unable to fully concentrate.

I showed the picture to my parents and mom insisted we send her a baby gift basket.

I had to remind my mother that it would take around 2 weeks to arrive.

But my mum didn't seem to care as she packed it with nappy's, baby onesies, teddy's and a card from us all.

Things were going great.

Though of course something is bound to happen to dampen the mood and that mood damper came in the form of a call at 2am in the morning on a Saturday.

Apparently my grandad had suffered a heart attack, and had been rushed to the hospital.

So now I sat on the waiting room of the hospital with both my parents sat to my left and were constantly trading texts between chris, Eddie and Sophie , my grandmother Sitting opposite me, Louise and Jamie to my parents left, my aunt Helen and uncle William with my cousins Jesse and Michael , were seated to my right.

We had been here for an hour so far and we still haven't heard anything from the doctors.

I've been texting with both Robert and bindi both wanting to know how my grandfather was.

But I wasn't able to give them much, as I didn't know much myself.

It wouldn't be for another hour before we heard anything from the doctor.

It was nearly 4am Jesse , Michael, Louise and Jamie had fallen asleep around 3:30, my aunt and uncle looked like they were about to drop, then the doctor walked in.

"Are you Graham lawson's family."

My father steps up to speak

"Yes Me and Helen are his children, this is his wife (pointing to grandma)"

"Well after several test's we can confidently diagnose a heart attack, we'd like to run a few tests but there doesn't seem to be any lasting damage, we would like to keep him in for observation for at least 72 hours."

We all took turns going in to visit him, he was hooked up to a few machines but mainly he seemed like his normal self.

With no use for us to be at the hospital, mum drove me and my siblings home.

We were all able to get a few hours rest.

Just as I was about to sleep my phone buzzed.

It was a FaceTime request from Robert.

I accepted and next thing I know I'm face to face with a smiling Robert.

"Hey beautiful, how's your grandpa."

"Well like that thought, it was a heart attack, but there's no lasting damage and there keeping him for observation."

"That's good news, and I have some good news of my own."

"Really."

"In 3 weeks I'm going to be doing a segment for cricky it's the Irwin's and guess where I'm gonna be."

I'm fully awake now.

"No way."

"I'm going to be documenting the different birds that live in the bayou, I'm gonna be in Louisiana for at least a 2 days before I head on up to New York to appear on late night with Seth Myers."

"That's amazing"

"We're will you be staying?"

"There is a hotel near the bayou."

This is amazing

Robert's coming to Louisiana.