baby talk [daveed x reader]

"daveed? what day is it?" you yelled through the kitchen of your tiny new york apartment. "it's the 27th babygirl" he replied and you looked down at the calendar in your hands. you were two weeks late. your breath started to quicken and you started to silently panic before you controlled my breathing and closed your eyes. "it's probably nothing" you told myself but the thought kept nagging at your brain for the next few hours

giving into the panic, you went to the store to pick up a pregnancy test, just to make sure. you and daveed have been dating for over two years, he proposed to you last month, but you don't know how he would react if you were pregnant. of course you had talked about it, but it seemed so far in the future then you don't know how he would feel if you asked him about it now. of course i'm not. these were the thoughts inside your head as you went and paid for the test and walked home. you tucked the test under your shirt as you unlocked the door, but luckily there was silence when you crept in.

you had to talk to someone. these thoughts were eating you alive. picking up the phone, you scrolled my contacts to find the person who knows you best; lin. "hi, lin i know this is kind of crazy but i think i might be pregnant but i'm too scared to take a test and i don't know how daveed is going to react if i was and oh i'm not am i what would i do if i was i couldn't do it were both working!" "wait slow right down, you could be pregnant? that's amazing!" through the phone you could hear lin sobbing. hearing his words made you realise you had jumped automatically to stress, and hadn't really thought of the idea of actually being a mum. a silent tear fell down your cheek as you realised the entirety of what you were saying. "you should take the test with daveed" lin's gentle voice broke your thoughts. "thank you lin that's what i'm going to do, send my love to vanessa and i'll see you on wednesday"

you had been sitting on the bed for the last hour, fiddling with your engagement ring. you had put your favourite dress on and sat with the test in front of you, waiting for daveed to get home from the theatre. suddenly you heard keys in the door and your heart rate quickened. you chucked the test under my pillow and walked towards the sofa. "hello babygirl, how was your day? you look beautiful" his warm voice says as he gives you a kiss on the forehead. "it was um good, daveed i have something to tell you" you watched as his forehead crease in worry as your hands started shaking. "are you okay love? what's wrong?" you pulled him to the sofa and breathed deeply. "i'm two weeks late."

"wait so ... so you could be ... pregnant?!" you saw his face light up in pure joy and all the worries in your head suddenly disappeared. "yes, well i don't know, i wanted to wait for you to do the test to find out" daveed leaned closer and left gentle kisses in a path from your jaw to your shoulder. "i love you so much" he murmurs in your ear.

you're on the bed with his hands wrapped around my hips from behind, his head nuzzled into my neck, waiting for the test to be ready. every so often you can hear him mumble compliment and reassurances. finally, his voice cuts the silence as his watch starts beeping. "it's ready love." you slowly untangle myself from him and get up, as he follows. "could you ... look at it, please?" your voice shakes as you hand the test to him.

the moment the test is turned over, he cries out in complete joy and breaks down into tears. "love ... we're going to have a baby." you start crying tears of happiness as he wraps his arms around your body and enclosed you in his embrace. your head leans on his shoulder; share a moment of complete happiness. slowly you fall onto the bed and your two bodies tangle together in perfect harmony. in his embrace, you feel so safe and you know this baby will be so loved. you feel his hands reach down to your stomach as he cradles the tiny life inside you. "hi baby, i'm going to love you so much."