12

"Just tell us what's going on?" Nix pleads as I hear a knock on the door.

Checking who it is I let Donny in before closing and locking the door.

"Alright, explain why the fuck I just had to avoid a bunch of assholes who hate both of us and also get away from Xavier's questions to come meet you in this god forsaken... Hotel? You're not alone."  Donny word vomits making me run a hand down my face in annoyance.

"Guys this is Donny, Donny this is my cousin Nix, and friends Sarah and Ryder." I introduce standing.

"Who's Xavier?" Nix questions making this worse.

I was going to explain a whole lot of stuff.

"Alright. Everyone sit down." I demand in my boss voice.

Everyone does even Donny who normally doesn't listen to me, ever.

"Okay so there is a lot you guys don't know about me." I start before shifting uncomfortably on my heels.

Just spit it out DJ. It's not like you did anything more illegal than these guys. Donny was way worse than me, but he had less charges since his dad bailed him out every time.

"Go on." Ryder prompts making me glare at him.

He puts his hands up leaning into the couch as I avoid the eyes.

"Oh for fuck sake! The tension is killing me!" Donny yells flopping down next to Sarah.

"Alright I'm sort of a well, I run the fighting ring here in Vegas. It's like the one Neco fights at. Owned by the same company actually. I also run street races for a few people. And I make sure people are put in their places for Donny's uncle, Mario."

I trail off as everyone's jaws hit the floor at my feet. Yeah this was how I thought it would go, only they weren't saying anything. Which made it worse somehow.

"You're a gangster?!" Sarah finally hisses under hear breath like it was forbidden to say.

"No. She's a street rat. My uncle's a gangster." Donny says looking proud he knew an answer to a question.

Rolling my eyes I hug my arms around my middle rocking back and forth.

"Then why's he here? You still running shit?" Nix is now speaking and he doesn't sound pleased.

"Donny is here so I can explain shit to him, I'm giving him my job."

Speaking of which. Grabbing my wallet I pull a fifty out and cross the room to Donny.

"That should be square." I mutter slapping it into his waiting hand.

"Square." He repeats winking.

"I'm sorry I'm confused. You run fights and stuff? Like all the rules I explained to you when you went to Neco's fight, you already knew all that?" Ryder rubs his hand on the back of his neck as his eyebrows lace together.

"Yeah." I nod.

"She also is one hell of a fighter." Donny pipes up again making me glare at him.

I didn't need them to know just how good I was. Not that I have a giant ego, but fight records don't lie.

"Jesus christ." Nix whispers.

Rolling my eyes I turn my attention to Donny.

"Alright so we have a few things to go over. Fight nights are easier than race nights. You just show up do the bracket and make sure that the rings are cleaned and cleared of anything. Also make sure Howie has enough soap and water to clear up blood. You have to make sure bets are placed and all that glory. But keep it safe, fighters don't need to be skimped."