Chapter Two

"Well anyways.." Bucky began. "I should go.. do you want to meet us there or do you want me to pick you up at your place?" He asked. I let out a small giggle. "I can meet you there. There's no need to worry." I insisted. A cool breeze came by, making my curled hair fall into my face. I shook my head to get it out of the way and I shivered slightly, hoping it wasn't noticeable. "Are you cold?" He questioned.

"A little.. the heater in my apartment stopped working this morning." I answered. Bucky stood there for a minute before replying. "Well.. if you ever need to, you can stay the night at my place, if you'd like." I smiled at the man. "No, it's okay. I don't want to bother you." I said. "If you were bothering me, I wouldn't have asked you for a dance." Bucky stated shortly. He gave the location and time of the dance before running off. 

I watched him run off before turning on my heel and walk in my own direction. He's such a gentleman.. I thought. I had decided to walk back to my place and sit in the freezing room till it was time to get ready. I had made myself some hot tea and read a book. Before I knew it, it was time to get ready but I was sucked into the book. I look at the clock on my wall before realizing I should've left 10 minutes ago. 

"Shit.." I muttered. I quickly finished my cup of tea and tossed my book down next to me. I ran into my room and quickly threw on one of my dresses. It was a long dress, the color of the sky, deep cut, and went around my neck.  I quickly did my hair in neat curls that fell down onto my shoulders before doing my makeup. I ran out my door as fast I could to meet up with Bucky and the other two. 

Eventually I made it there and saw Bucky. He had a sad look on his face. I walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a James Barnes." I smiled. Bucky turned around to say something before he realized it was me. "Y/N!" He exclaimed. Bucky was wearing navy blue suit, with his hair slicked off to the side. "You're late." Bucky added. "I um.. I got distracted by the book I was reading.." I whispered. "Oh, Y/N, this is Steve." He said, pointing to a short, scrawny, blonde boy. Steve pursed his lips and nodded in hello.

I smiled at Steve. "Hello." I said. Bucky wrapped his arm around your neck and you looked down. The heels I was wearing didn't add much height to me, only about an inch or so. "And this is Y/F/N, Steve's date." Bucky finished. I looked back up and she looked jealous that I was with Bucky and she wasn't. The four of us walked together looking at everything and admiring it. "Hey, Steve.. why don't you say we take the girls danc-" he cut off his sentence when he realized that he was gone. He leaned over and whispered in my ear. "I'll be right back.. Steve ran off.." 

I looked at Bucky before realizing Steve wasn't there. "Yeah, go ahead." I replied. He then ran off to find his friend. I looked at Y/F/N and gave her a small smile. "Hello.." I stated quietly to try and start a conversation. In response all I got was a nasty look. I scrunched my nose at her and waited impatiently for Bucky to come back with Steve. 

At last. I finally saw Bucky come back with Steve. Bucky walked to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. Y/F/N saw and glared at me but I didn't notice. "Now, shall we go dancing?" Bucky asked, looking at the three of us. I smiled and nodded. Steve and Y/F/N weren't as excited. "Okay, Bucky," I began. He looked down at me as I started talking. "I haven't danced in a long time so I'm sorry if I step on you." I finished. The man shrugged. "It's fine. You can't be as bad as Steve." He chuckled. Steve was looking down with his hands in his pockets, listening to the conversation. 

"Hey..!" Steve said, picking his head up and looking at Bucky. "What? You said it yourself that you have two left feet." He replied. Steve opened his mouth to say something but stopped because he knew Bucky was right. I let out a small laugh at two and what their friendship was like. Eventually the four of us made it to where everyone was dancing. Steve and Y/F/N just stood off to the side as I danced with Bucky. I placed my hand on his shoulder and in his hand as he held my hand and waist. It was getting late into the night and it was getting colder. I had put on a light sweater over my dress. 

I held myself close to Bucky for two reasons. The first reason was because it felt nice to finally have a dance with somebody for once and the second reason was because I was cold. Y/F/N rolled her eyes at the two of us before grabbing Steve and pulling him out onto the dance floor. She then walked over to us and looked at me. "Hey, go dance with Rogers." she said to me. I rose an eyebrow. "But he's your date." I responded. "Just do it, I need to talk to Buck." She snapped.

Bucky furrowed his brows and let go of me and nodded. "Next song." he whispered to me. I looked down before nodding. I walked over to Steve and smiled. He finally gave me a smile back. "I hope you realize she's only trying to stop you from dancing with Bucky." Steve finally said. "Why's that?" I asked. "Have you seen him? Every woman falls for him. No one wants to be with a small, skinny boy." I shook my head. "Not true. You'll find someone." I danced with Steve till the song ended before walking back to Bucky. "Okay, I'm sure you owe me a dance for this song." 

Bucky nodded and grabbed my waist and hand once again while i placed my free hand on his shoulder. "Actually .. before we start dancing.. here.." he said quietly, taking off his blazer and giving it to me. "When you're shivering, you make it obvious." He smiled. "Oh.. whoops.." I replied. I placed his blazer around my shoulders. He looked down at me and smiled. I looked up and smiled back. As I was looking up, I saw small white flakes starting to fall from the sky. 

"Ugh.. now it's snowing.." Y/F/N muttered. She had moved to go sit down and Steve was sitting down next to her. The small flakes landed softly on everyone around us. "You're like a snowflake.." Bucky whispered to me while looking up at the sky like everyone else. I looked at him confused. "How so?" I questioned. "Small.. gentle.." he answered. A small blushed rose to my cheeks but I was thankful it wasn't noticeable. "Hey um.. if it's not too much to ask,, would it be okay if I just slept on your couch tonight..? Just to have somewhere warm to sleep tonight?" Bucky let out a laugh and nodded. "Of course. I'll help you with your heater tomorrow."