Chapter 2: My Job

Author speaking!: hey guys. I really appreciate you voting! It makes me really happy to know that you guys like this so far. I would admit that this second chapter isn't my best, but it's something. I might end up redoing most of this after quit a few chapters. I still don't have my laptop charger, and I'm only writing on my phone, so it's gonna be a while before writing the next chapter. I'm sorry. Trust me, it's so much easier on the laptop. Anyways, enjoy! Let me know what you think! Thanks!
*************
———————————————
I wake up with a coughing fit. Quickly grabbing the water that sits on my bedside table, and gulping down half of what's in the cup, my coughing fits finally seized. But that's when I realized, I forgot my pills last night...

Getting up from bed, I shiver as the cold air hits my bare arms and legs as I remove the blanket. I always hated mornings, especially waking up to almost coughing up blood. Who knew that being sick all your life can actually ruin your life. I'm just glad I didn't choose the option that most people would choose: drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc. I chose...

A knock on my door sets alarms in my brain. Who would be here so early in the morning? Opening the door, a man with black short hair smiles at me.

"What can I do for yah?" I ask, a smile slowly forming on my face.

His eyes furrow in confusion for one second, before widening them with a smile. "Oh, I don't know. Is my sister in there? She should be this tall...." His hand goes to his mid thigh, "And she's stubborn as hell."

I smack his chest before walking back into my house. "Shut up! I am not that short. Asshole....." I mumble the nickname.

I hear my door close, along with laughter from my brother. "Yeah, yeah."

My feet twist around as I make it to the kitchen counter, facing him. "So why are you here? Did you ever find a new job?"

"Geez. Can't a brother see his sister once in a while?" He questions playfully, waiting for a response. But I stay silent, so he continues. "Anyways, yeah. I got a new job." He sits on the couch.

I stand there, waiting for him to give more information, but he stays quiet. I end up sighing in disappointment, and walk up behind him. "So...? You gonna tell me what it is?"

"Which is....?" He doesn't look at me.

I roll my eyes, smacking him in the back of the head. He yells in surprise, but I ignore it. "What your job is, you idiot! This already proves that it's not a very good job, or your lying to me."

He sighs in frustration. "Fine! Damn....My boss is a killer."

I look at him in confusion. "Okay....? Who is this boss?"

"He....." He starts before stopping to think. "He's in charge of the Shadow Web and stuff like that...." He waves his hand as if it's nothing.

"Are you fucking serious, right now?" My legs move around the couch so I'm better facing him. "That boss, can kill you in seconds if you do something stupid! How the hell are you okay with this job?" I yell at him.

"Come on! You kill people! What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that he isn't trustworthy, and you know it!" I say, trying to prove a point. After a while of not answering me, I give out a frustrated yell and walk away from him. "I can't believe you did this! That guy runs the whole fucking shadow web! Do you know what the shadow web is?" I turn back around to face him again.

He doesn't look at me. "Um......porn sites?" Then he looks over to me in shock. "Damn, sis! Why the hell are you looking at that? I don't want to know what your doing in your private life!" He throws his hands up in the air.