Chapter Four

I'm so sorry that this chapter took me so long to release! I've been really stressed out lately and have had a lot going on, but I'll try to be more efficient with the next one. I hope you still enjoy it though! Thank you for being so patient! <3
~~~~~~~~~~

       Students scrambled left and right to get to the far side of the room while screaming and absolutely panicking as the group of werewolves flooded in. They spread along the walls with the doors, thoroughly trapping everyone inside. You ignored the slight pull that you felt in your chest and ripped your gaze from the male werewolf's eyes, feverishly pulling Addison more behind yourself to protect her.

       She was frozen still in shock after seeing the werewolves again, tense and unmoving even as you tried to push her farther back to give you some space away from the intruders.

       "Addi..." You whispered uneasily, flashing Bree a desperate look for help. The said cheerleader was too busy trying to hide behind some other students, so you were forced to try to help your sister on your own. Your heart was pounding in your chest a mile a minute as the wolves all seemed to scan the room before they all locked eyes on you and Addison.

      "There they are!" One of the werewolves, a dark-skinned girl with fiercely beautiful bushy curls, called out with her finger pointed towards you and Addison. Your breath hitched in your throat as you moved completely in front of Addison's still stunned form, trying to fake some sort of confidence as they unanimously surged forward towards the two of you.

       Thankfully, Zed was quick to act in defense of his friend and girlfriend, "Football team, Defense Z-14!" Addison seemed to finally snap out of her daze at the sound of his voice just as the football team locked themselves in a protective formation around you.

       The werewolves paused their advances, half growling and narrowing their glowing eyes threateningly at the group blocking their way from whatever it was they wanted. You risked a glance through the shoulders of the athletes at the guy you'd seen earlier, resisting a flinch to see him already smirking curiously at you.

       That's it! Your e/c eyes widened slightly as it clicked in your brain where you recognized his face from. He was the strange man who'd approached you and Zoe the day prior. The one who'd left you with a self conscious feeling about your unnatural white hair.

       He looked different now than he had then, no longer adorning the weird looking glasses and workers uniform. Scanning the rest of the werewolves, you could now easily tell he was one of them. He seemed wild and completely comfortable in his own skin, fangs and all.

       "Where's the moonstone, white hair?" The female werewolf from before practically demanded in your direction. The way her presence carried over the rest of the group in the room had you automatically assuming that she was their leader. The fierce and controlled expression she wore on her face was enough to back up your inference too.

       "I'm sorry, what?" You managed to get out despite your nerves going haywire at the moment. Addison looked just as confused as you felt, more color back in her face than before now, but still just as addled.

       Her eyebrows furrowed and she laughed anxiously, "I think you've got the wrong people. Neither of us have any idea what you're talking about." You nodded to confirm her words, apprehensively looking back at the werewolf leader to see what her reaction would be.

       The said girl growled and bared her fangs, gripping the male werewolf harshly by the shoulder and pulling him closer to herself, "You told me they were the ones, Wyatt. If this is all just some wild goose chase and we confirmed our existence to all of these people for nothing-"