Tamatoa

"Wow, the shiny glittering cave. And just like me, it's covered in sparkling treasure. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle." Mohan said drawling out as he was covered in treasure, banging a drum.

"You're not selling it." Maui whispered to him from where he and [Y/n] were.

"This is stupid. Can't I just go up there and get it?"

"No if you go up there, he will kill you. Just stick to the plan. Oh and when he shows up, keep him distracted. Make him talk about himself, he loves bragging about how great he is."

"You two must get along swell." Mohan said sarcastically.

"No, not since I ripped off his leg."

"You ripped off his……" [Y/n] started to ask but then noticed Maui was gone. "Maui?"

The ground started shaking and [Y/n] hid as Mohan was picked up by a giant claw. Mohan was lifted up to the face of a huge crab.

"What have we here? It's a sparkly, shiny……wait a minute." He flipped Mohan making all the shiny treasure fall of me, before he flipped him back again.

"It's a human! What are you doing down here in the realm of mon-"

Tamatoa noticed Mohan struggling to look him in the eyes.

"Just pick an eye dude. I can't……I can't concentrate on what I'm saying if you keep……yeah, pick one. Pick one!" Mohan looked at his right eye.

"You're a funny little thing, aren't you?" He asked, touching his necklace.

"Don't! That's my grandma's." Mohan exclaimed snatching it back.

"That's my grandma's." He said mimicking him. "I ate my grandma! And it took a week because she was absolutely humongous. Why are you here?"

Maui was at the edge of a rock about to jump to get the hook, but he missed and was handing off. Tamatoa heard it and started to turn.

"Because you're amazing." [Y/n]'s voice was heard. She had seen Maui's situation and decided to help.

"No no no." Mohan whispered to her gesturing for her to lay low but she didn't budge.

"Another mortal?" Tamatoa picked her up too and Mohan face palmed.

"Yes. And we mortals have heard the tales about the crab who became a legend. And we got to know, how did you get so crab……ulous?" She asked nervously.

"Are you trying to get me to talk about myself? Because if you are…" He said sternly, but then smiled "……I will gladly do so! In song form!"

TAMATOA:
Well Tamatoa hasn't always been this glam
I was a crab little crab once
Now I know, I can be happy as a clam
Because I'm beautiful, baby
Did your granny say listen to your heart
Be who you are on the inside
I need three words to tear her argument apart
Your granny lied
I'd rather be shiny
Like a treasure from a sunken pirate wreck
Scrub the deck
And make it look shiny
I will sparkle like a wealthy woman's neck
Just a sec, don't you know
Fish are dumb, dumb, dumb
They chase anything that glitters, beginners
Oh and here they come, come, come
To the brightest thing that glitters, fish dinners
I just love free food, you look like seafood.

"No!" Mohan yelled as Tamatoa almost ate [Y/n].

"Hey crab cakes!" Maui yelled. Tamatoa looked to see him collect the hook from his shell.

"I'm back." He kissed the hook and shouted, "It's Maui time!"

Tamatoa gasped and dropped the teens. Mohan rushed to help [Y/n] up.

"What do you say little buddy?" Maui asked Mini Maui, who replied by transforming into a hawk. "Giant hawk? Coming up. Cha whoo!"

But when he shape shifted, he did so into a fish.

"Cha whoo……?" Pig, ostrich, reindeer, insect, chameleon and then finally back to Maui. Mohan and [Y/n] just looked at him shocked. Tamatoa smirked.

TAMATOA:
Well, well, well
Little Maui's having trouble with his hook
You little semi-demi mini god
Ouch!
What a terrible performance, get the hook
(Get it?)
You don't swing it like you used to man
Yet I have to give you credit for my start
And your tattoos on the outside
For just like you I made myself a work of art
I never hide, I can't
I'm too shiny

Not only was Tamatoa flaunting himself, he was also beating Maui up, bad.

TAMATOA:
Watch me dazzle like a diamond in the rough
Strut my stuff
My stuff is so shiny
Send your armies but they'll never be enough
My shell's too tough
Maui man you could try, try, try
But you can't expect a demigod to beat a decapod
(Look it up)
You will die, die, die
Now it's time for me to take apart your aching heart

Tamatoa trapped the teens in a cage, still tossing Maui around.

TAMATOA:
Far from the ones who abandoned you
Chasing the love of these humans
Who made you feel wanted
You try to be tough
But your armor's just not hard enough

Tamatoa moved Maui, to reveal a tattoo on his back of a woman throwing a baby into the ocean. Mohan and [Y/n] break out of the cage and landed on some green algae.

"Hey, I've got an idea." Mohan said to [Y/n], his eyebrows furrowed in determination.

TAMATOA:
Maui!
Now it's time to kick your heiney
Ever seen someone so shiny?
Soak it in cause it's the last you'll ever see
C'est la vie Mon Ami
I'm so shiny
Now I'll eat you so prepare your final plea
Just for me
You'll never be quite as shiny
You wish you were nice and shiny

"Hey!" Mohan yelled making Tamatoa turn to him. "I got something shiny for ya."

He lifted the 'heart of Te Fiti.'

"The heart of Te Fiti." Tamatoa gasped in glee and dropped Maui.

"You can't run from me!" Mohan ran. "Oh you can, you keep surprising me. There's only so far you can get on those two little legs."

Mohan tripped and dropped the heart into the crack. Tamatoa started digging through it as [Y/n] rushed to help him up, handing him his fish hook. Mohan ran to them.

"We gotta go." He said.

"Wait, what about the heart?" Maui asked.

"He can have it. I've got a better one." Mohan smirked showing them the real heart hidden in his necklace.

"Hahahahaha! Yes! I have the.…" Tamatoa looked at it closely.

"Wait a minute……ah! I see, he's taken a barnacle and covered in bioilluminescent algae." Then he realized. ".……as a diversion."

He turned to see the trio running away, then he growled rushing them.

"Come back here!"

The trio rushed into a gyser. It shot them up as Tamatoa neared them, pushing him on to his back.

"Cha whoo……!" Mohan yelled victoriously.

"Hey! Hey! Did you like the song?" Tamatoa asked.