@ScarlettBlackDaisy

Let's Talk with
ScarlettBlackDaisy

Welcome Daisy, this is Raj Siddhant aka @ahalfbloodprince

Welcome Daisy, this is Raj Siddhant aka @ahalfbloodprince. Thank you for your interest in our interview and AMA session for Let's Share. Given below are the questions for the interview and you can skip any of them if you feel not necessary to answer. All the best!

🖋️🖋️🖋️

To begin with, please tell us a short intro about yourself, like who you are and what you do.

­--Well, I'm a twenty-something year old Clinical Psychologist and Criminologist. Aside from being a professional and a full-time family woman, I'm also a post-grad student working on my dissertation during the day and a young adult/new adult writer during the night.

Well, you have been a prominent author and ambassador at Wattpad. It's nearly three years of your journey at Wattpad, and after creating ripples with your debut novel, you have been now a featured star on the app. Well, What catalysed your interest in writing at Wattpad?

--I joined Wattpad quite by accident, actually. I was looking for books to read and ended up downloading Wattpad in 2018. I never knew it would become such a life-changing experience for me.

We have heard you were a bright Science Student. Was it difficult for you to turn from a Science background to Literature ? How did you manage the transition?

--I actually had a double major in Psychology and Literature which played in my favor.

When did you felt like writing was the 'thing' for you? Do you think 'The Inner Call' of a person is the real call that one should follow and chase his/her dream?

--I started writing a few years ago during one of the darkest times of my life. It provided me the solace real life didn't. It was a night-time endeavor and nobody knew I wrote. When I joined Wattpad, I found a home for my writing. As far as the inner call is concerned, yes, you should always chase your dreams. I have a job, a career, and yet the love I have for writing in unmatched.

You always talk about the beauty of reality and the charm in realism. Do you think a fact is better than a scripted fiction? What is your favorite novel based on the genre?

--I wouldn't say either is better. We all have our preferences. Some read and write for escapism and that's perfectly fine. My line is realism because I personally prefer to stare into the face of reality than avoid it.
I haven't read many books like the ones I prefer but realistic and literary fiction is right up my alley, with historical fiction being a close second.