Chapter - 26

"Azalea is that you?You...uh look good."
Another passerby complimented her.And damn if she didn't look good.She wore a skimpy little black dress not too slutty yet outlining her sinuous body.
Her face looked radiant.Her hair had a natural bounce resulted from the cream she applied,recommended by Christi.Everyone was paying her extra attention.Most of them wondering whether she was a new girl.Not that she was shy but earlier,getting decked up was not her scene.

When they entered the dark room filled with laser lights and strobes.This was no common fratboys party,this was a typical rave party.Hence,there was no specific information about it.Usually they are semi-spontaneous events with announcement circulated by word of mouth.
The rave party was on its full swing.The DJ was playing a seamless flow of electronic dance music.If Law enforcement agencies are to be believed,a lot of drugs including ecstacy,do the rounds at a rave.This was not the kind of party both the friends were hoping.No doubt,Louise was a spoilt brat,but rave definitely seemed over the top.

"I don't know about you.But I'm having a very bad feeling about this.A rave party mostly ends bad."Azalea made a face.
"Frankly,I didn't know she was upto this.Or,I would..."
"Hey Azalea or the freak?Is that you?"Louise purred like a cat.
Azalea rolled her eyes.
"You look like a slut but in a good way."
Azalea was confused whether to take this comment as a compliment or insult.
Louise's eyes were red,she was definitely high.
Azalea realised this was a mistake.Louise is definitely not the person she was before.
Yes,she was rich,spoilt and a bitch but drugs was another game.
Azalea hated the very word drugs.
It was due to drugs that she lost Xander.

"I think we should go.This was a bad idea."She turn around only to find herself alone with the party mongers.
'Where was Gianna?Surely she knows this is not the kind of party to socialise.'Not to sound like a prude but Rave was entirely another story.She wondered anyone can spike the drink,hell most of the rape cases occur in such parties.
The victims are always under the influence of some date rape drugs where they do not remember a thing.
Azalea's body revolted against such injustice.
She quickly made her way,between sweaty bodies.She had to go through them avoiding the groping and clinging of the frat boys.
'First stop,washroom.'Her mind shouted.
Nope,she couldn't find her there either.Instead she saw some teenagers making out rather nastily.
She tried to adjust her eyes in the dark room to focus on every individual.But finding a girl amongst the huge crowd was beyond her.It was like finding a needle in the haystack.
"Have we met before?"
"Not interested."Azalea replied without looking at the speaker.Her mind was focussed on finding Gianna.
"I'm pretty sure we've met..."
"Listen mister.. "she turned towards him only to realise that it was none other than her college crush,the infamous Tom freaking Harvey.
"Yes?"
She stared at him intently.He had dark brown eyes and dirty blonde hair.He had the typical boy next door charm.But Azalea was wondering something else.
How could she harbour feelings for this guy?She almost rebuked herself.
Not that,that Tom was ugly.He was actually good looking,but Xander's beauty eclipsed everyone.Maybe she was biased.But that's the way it is.
Tom touched her arms gently and nudged her out from the crowded place.
Her body did not tingled with sensation where he touched her.She felt nothing.She figured only Xander could bring her body alive.
"Like what you see?"
She came out of her daze.
"Actually no."She replied honestly.
Tom seemed surprised but he quickly replaced it with a smirk.Maybe this was his first rejection.
"I'm looking for my friend and she isn't picking up her phone."
"Oh?I think she must be here somewhere."
"Listen Tom can you help me out?"
"You actually wounded my pride.But atleast you know my name."
She wanted to snap back at him but good manners prevented her from being rude.
"We are in the same class.Now,could you help me find her please?"
"What is she wearing? details?"
She thrust her phone out and showed him Gianna's photo.
"I know her.Gianna right?"
"Yeah,have you seen her?"Azalea asked desperately.
"I think I saw her near the pool.Come I'll lead the way."
Shoving the throng of people aside.Azalea zeroed her eyes on a girl,who was surrounded by a group of boys.One boy in particular was trying to put his hand under her top.She gasped when she figured that the girl was none other than Gianna.
She was now beyond pissed.
Gathering all her courage.She pushed past people and wrenched Gianna from the boy.She shoved him so hard that he fell on his ass on the ground.
The crowd around her went quiet.
Gianna seemed unaffected clearly the result of some drugs.
"You little punk.Don't you dare!If I saw you spiking any girls drink again.I'll shove my heels right up to your ass.You bloody bastard!!"If looks could kill Azalea did a fantastic job.The guy was literally scared.

Without waiting for anyone.She grabbed Gianna's hand and somehow they made their way out of the house.
"Woah,you are a badass.I didn't know you had it in you."
"If you do not keep quiet,I'll show what I have got."She glared at Tom.
"Sorry, bad joke right?"Azalea exhaled.
"I'm sorry,watching that moron doing all sorts of wrong to my friend made me angry."
"Understandable."
She made Gianna sit on the footpath.She was quiet and staring blankly.
"What have they given her?"
"Some drugs."
"Should I consult a doctor?I'm just."
"Hey,its alright.I was actually wondering why you girls are here in the first place?
"I can ask the same question?Anyway we didn't know it was a rave party."
"Aah..that explains it.And to answer your first question.I'm not so good.Besides I'm a boy."
"Sexist are we?"
"Yeah that too."He smirked.Then he looked at Gianna.
"Trust me,let her sleep it off she'll be fine in the morning."
"You sure?"
"You can say I have some idea."
"Of spiking a girl's drink?"
He looked horrified at the idea.
"My mum is gonna kill me if I ever disrespect a woman.I was raised better."
Azalea smiled at him.
She took her phone and began typing furiously.
"What are you doing?"
"Calling a cab.Not bringing my Dad's car was a mistake."
"I can offer you a ride home if you want?"
Umm..trust me.I'm not that bad.Even I thought Louise is holding a regular party."He grinned at her.
Azalea thought for a moment.Thinking back, she knew Tom hailed from a good family.
She nodded
"Okay sure."
Both of them helped Gianna inside his car.It was a freaking convertible.
"Nice car."
"Why Thank you."
The moment Gianna rested her head in the backseat she passed off.
Azalea looked at her chewing her lips.
"She will be fine in the morning.Though she can have a terrible hangover."
"How do you know so much about this drug anyway?"
He sighed."We boys are friends to both good and evil.Couple a months ago I heard some guys discussing about a particular drug which can make a person numb.The victim won't understand what's going around him/her."
Gianna's symptoms exactly reflected it.
"When I told this to my Mom.She was horrified."
"You told your mom?"Azalea asked incredulously.
"My mums pretty cool.Even though she is my step mother.She loves me like her own.She and my dad fell in love when I was very young.She left her husband who was apparently a cheater.And we all moved from New York to DC.Long story short she is the best."
"You said your mother was from New York?"
"Yeah,why."
"Umm nothing."She offered him a fake smile.
"What's her name?"
"Bianca Harvey."
"Hmm."
"And where is your own mother?"
"She died during giving birth to me."
"I'm sorry."
"Its okay.Bianca is my mother."
"You are very lucky."
"Indeed I am."He smiled again
"Anyway enough about me.What's your story."
"Pretty boring.I have a small family.Mom ,Dad and me."
"Exactly like mine."
She nodded.
What were the odds that Bianca Harvey was an important name for her?
After that they talked about a little bit here and there.
Azalea couldn't drill him more as it would be like prying into someone's personal life.

"This is me."
"Nice place."
"Thanks.Umm would you help me with Gianna?Leaving her at her mother's mercy won't be right today."
"You are a wonderful friend."
She smiled at him.He was a nice guy no doubt.
The house was dark.Evidently her parents were sleeping.
Tom carried Gianna and they tip toed inside the house.
He laid down Gianna gently.
"I would ask you some refreshment.But.."
"No,I understand.I'll take your leave.It was nice meeting you."
"Same here."
"Uhmm..Would you like to go out with me?"
He scratched his neck with his hand.A sign of nervousness.
"I don't date."She blurted quickly.
"Aah..Atleast can I get your number?Just friends I promise."
"Sure."
She rattled out her number.He said his goodbyes and left.
Azalea closed the main door and ran towards her room.She switched on her laptop and searched Xander's mother name.
The Kings' were very famous,surely his mother's name would be up in some sleazy tabloid story.
"Yes!"she exclaimed.Then clamped shut her mouth with her hand.
She read the story twice and came to a conclusion.
One:Bianca Harvey was none other than Xander's mother.
And two..She has to date Tom Harvey.
Only she didn't feel any giddiness with regards to point number two.

****vote,comment and share****