Chapter 12

I woke up to the feel of the bed dipping. I cracked one eye open just as I got hit in the face by a purple pillow. I picked my head up and moved the pillow to fit between Mia and me. I looked up and saw Izzy smiling as she stood on the bed. I held my index finger to my lips telling her to be quiet, and I held the blankets up so she could curl in next to me.

"Stay quiet, so we don't wake up Mommy." I whispered to her. She slid under the covers and held a teddy bear close as she laid down and put her back to my chest. I wrapped my arm around her and closed my eyes. We both must have fallen asleep, because I woke up again to the feel of soft lips kissing over my cheek.

"You two sure are lazy bums." I heard Mia say as I opened my eyes. Izzy was still asleep, and I couldn't hold back my smile.

Mia had obviously been up for a bit. She had her hair up in a messy bun, and she was wearing my Ohio State hoodie with a pair of leggings.

 She had her hair up in a messy bun, and she was wearing my Ohio State hoodie with a pair of leggings

I pinched the hoodie and pulled her back to my lips, and kissed her. "You look cute."

"Oh please. I look like a mom..." She said, waiving a dismissive hand.

"Mmhmm, a hot mom." I said as I cuddled Izzy closer to me.

"Baby girl..." I whispered to Izzy, and she started to stir. "Let's get up and help Mommy and Gigi." She sat up, and rubbed her little eyes. Mia reached out for her, and picked her up. She carried her out of the room and let me get up and get dressed.

I opened my gym bag to see what all I had. I pulled on a pair of grey sweatpants, and a black t-shirt. My hair was a mess, so I pushed it back and put a hat on. 

I opened the bedroom door, and stepped out into the kitchen

I opened the bedroom door, and stepped out into the kitchen. Lynn was sitting at the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee and her iPad. Izzy was next to her with a sippy cup of milk, and they were playing tic-tac-toe.

Mia saw me walk in, and handed me a cup of coffee as she hugged me.

"Thanks." I said, and kissed her forehead. "It smells so good in here." I said. I turned around to see Lynn smiling at us.

"The quiches will be ready in a little bit." she said.

"Mom, I thought you were going to change?" Mia asked her.