Chapter 43

Liam had a few bottles of champagne sent to my dressing room. Needless to say, I was meant to walk down the aisle in forty minutes, but I was still in my jeans and my t-shirt, drinking glass after glass of champagne and laying on the couch. I heard the door open, but didn't bother to see who it was.

"You're supposed to be getting ready for your dress." I heard Amy say as she took the glass out of my hand.

"I like my jeans better." I said as I sat up.

"Well, your Mom is walking back here with Izzy to get her dressed, so unless you want to get whooped, you better get up, and I'll help you get dressed." She said reaching out her hand.

I got up and walked over to my dress. Amy unzipped the back of it just as Mom and Izzy walked in. All three of them would be dressed in light blue. Amy's dress was light and flowy, while Moms was a long sleeved dress with detailing on her waist. Izzy had a white and light blue tulle dress with little silver shoes. 

I pulled off my clothes while Mom got Izzy in her dress

I pulled off my clothes while Mom got Izzy in her dress. I did my own hair, in a low bun, and just put a little makeup on. Nothing dramatic. Amy held my dress open for me as I stepped into it. It fit better now that Mom took in the sides a little. It was a very plain and simple dress.

I could feel the buzz of the champagne, but no one would know I felt this way

I could feel the buzz of the champagne, but no one would know I felt this way. I stepped in front of the mirror after Amy zipped the back. She handed me my little bouquet.

"You're a beautiful bride." Mom said looking at me through the mirror.

"Thank you." I said without a smile.

"We have about fifteen minutes left. I'm going to make sure we are ready, then I'll be back, ok?" Mom said, giving Izzy to Amy.

I nodded to her. We watched Izzy twirl in her dress until Mom came back.

"Ready?" She asked.

My heart and stomach dropped. I was shaking and suddenly felt incredibly sick. I closed my eyes as I tried to breathe normally. I felt a hand on each of my arms as they helped to keep me up.

I slowly opened my eyes, and regained my footing. I knelt down to Izzy and hugged her.

"I love you so much." I whispered into her ear as I kept my arms tight around her.

"I love you too, Mommy." she said as she rested her head against mine.

I pulled back and stood up. Mom handed me a tissue, and I wiped my tears.

I nodded to Amy, and she took Izzy's hand and walked out. Mom stepped into me and hugged me.

"You're sure?" She asked.

I stayed still for a long minute before pulling away and quietly saying, "Yeah." without looking up at her. She would know I was lying.

She took my hand and we walked out of the dressing room. Amy and Izzy were standing in front of the closed double doors that led into the sanctuary. Mom and I stopped off to the side, so no one could see me. I heard the soft music playing, and the doors opened, and Amy and Izzy disappeared down the aisle. The doors closed again, and Mom and I stepped up to them.

I was dizzy, and shaking. I tried to get my eyes to focus, but they just wouldn't. The music changed, and the doors opened again, and Mom began leading me down the aisle. You know how people say you can't look away from a train wreck? I felt like the train, barreling down the tracks, unable to stop, heading right towards the man that is standing in the way.

Liam had his light gray suit on, with a pale blue tie. It was boring. It was plain.

I was so lost in thought I almost didn't realize that we had stopped walking

"Who gives this woman to be married?" The minister asked.

Mom gripped my hand tighter, and turned to look at me. She looked into my eyes, and just had an expression of sorrow. I know she didn't want any of this. She gave a small smile, and quietly said, "I do." as she gave my hand to Liam. I guess mothers will do crazy things for their children.

Liam held my hand, but my fingers stayed limp in his. I couldn't focus on anything being said. After a while, I handed Amy my bouquet, and turned to Liam.

He told me how much he loved me, and how he has been waiting for me for years to come back to him. I couldn't hear everything. I was just trying not to pass out.

Just as the minister motioned to me to say my vow, I heard Izzy.

"Bear!" She said, and took off running back up the aisle.

It felt like slow motion as I blinked and turned my head to the double doors, just as I watched him back out of them. Before they closed, the light caught something in his hand, and reflected it, and Izzy slipped through the crack of the door, just in time.

"Damien." I said breathlessly as my hands fell from Liam's.

I didn't even think. I picked up the front of my dress and went down the three steps off the platform. I walked quickly until I broke out into a run. I shoved the door open, and then opened the second door that led outside.

I stood at the top of the steps and watched as Damien held Izzy so tight. He held her like he would never see her again, and had to get an entire lifetime of love in just a couple seconds. The door closed behind me, and Damien must have heard it, because he looked up.

Our eyes met and I slowly took one step at a time as I made my way to him. He stood up with Izzy in his arms and waited for me to come to him. I stopped in front of him, and he lifted my chin to look directly into my eyes.

"Say it." He said in a deep and demanding tone that melted me to the spot.

"I still love you." I said, as I pushed up on my tiptoes, wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him.

"Ewww." Izzy said, covering her eyes.

I felt Damien hand off Izzy to Mom. He reached up and took my hand, and quickly led me out to the parking lot. He helped me into his truck, and we drove away.