Part One

"Hey babe ya ready to go?" My roommate shouts from the other room. I finish zipping up my skin-tight red velvet dress, with a cutout in the middle. I try to accentuate the literally zero curves I have. I run out barely slipping on my heels before crashing into my roommate.

Becca is quite literally the definition of perfect. She has every perfect feature a girl could wish for, and decorates it with a radiating confidence whenever she enters a room. Becca is the nicest person you'll ever meet and my favorite person.

Then there's me. I'm average, messy brown hair that can't be tamed no matter what. I wouldn't stand out in a crowd, but I wouldn't need to. I think that's what makes Becca and I such good friends. We fit like puzzle pieces.

"You look great! Trust me I won't leave you again," Becca always promises this, but always meets another front door every time.
"Fine Bec, but you take the house key. That's your binding promise," I slide in some sparkly hoops, and open the front door for us. Ever since we moved to California last year after meeting in college, this is our monthly routine. Clubbing every other Saturday, hangover movie marathons every other Sunday.

"So Club 95 this time?" Becca asks as she locks the door to our small Los Angeles studio apartment behind us.

"Sure," I exclaim, "Whatever can get me the most alcohol poisoning." We laugh down the hallway and hop in the elevator. I'm betting to myself now that I'll be in this elevator alone tonight after Becca leaves me for another frat boy who looks like he'll get a desk job with a degree in Beer Pong. "Hey don't forget that St. Patty's day is next, this is technically already pre-gaming,"  Becca says getting a laugh out of me.

Becca perfectly hails a taxicab(as always) and I wait in the cool March breeze beside her. I'm not in a rush to find a boyfriend, I'm 23 with a stable job and a happy social life. I don't know if I want more than that right now.

Becca and I practically throw ourselves into the taxi, eager to feel the sting of the vodka in our throats again. As we pull up to the club I immediately forget everything I was just thinking. I can't help but stare at the guys in line to the entrance. Yeah okay sure maybe i want a boyfriend.

We hop out of the taxi onto the pavement and rush in line. It's been a few years since we retired our fake I.D's, but I always get a nervous rush when pulling my real one out. We get to the front of the line and get admitted into the club.

"Okay Becca drinks on me first, sound good?" I always ask this and she always agrees. But then again, she pays for the next seven rounds with the money she takes from dropped wallets. We're classy what can I say. "Hey can I get two lemon drops and a water?" I order our drinks and we take a seat in the cushion chairs, our feet already aching in our heels.

"So what ever happened with that Tinder match?" Becca questions.

"Oh please he ended up being a total dickhead. We made it through a five-minute FaceTime call before he hung up to go hang out with his- and i quote- 'totally normal friend who I've only hooked up with four times'." Becca's cracking up at this point. "I'm assuming after that day he can make it five times."

Becca and I reach for our drinks, taking a sip. "Okay ya know what," Becca takes a long sip from her emptying drink, "I never understood why you have the worst luck with guys." I stop indulging in my drink and give Becca the most painfully sarcastic look I can. "What?!" She exclaims. "Bec, we live in Los Angeles. I might as well call it the city of dirtbag wannabe social media influencers." I roll my eyes and sigh, "Honestly though, I'm here to have fun tonight and not worry about anything" "Amen to that babe!" She says, downing her drink.

Becca barely waits for me to set my glass down before she pulls me to the dance floor. We spend a while dancing, carelessly moving to the beat of the music. This is my favorite part, although it's really the only part I remember. There's something so freeing about moving to the beat of a song I won't remember in ten minutes.

"Hey Bec!" I yell over the bass of the song. She can't hear me.

"Bec!!" She turns around and I pull her out of the crowd so she can hear better. "Becca that guy has been eyeing you all night, what are you doing with me still??" Becca turns around to see him stealing glances at her. She smirks and turns back around.

"Yeah I noticed. Should I go over there?" "YES" I practically yell at her. "He's cute Bec go for it!" Becca frowns. " But I made a promise we stick together tonight. I'm not breaking that," I know that she made a promise but I love seeing her happy.

"I'll be at the bar suckering the old men into buying me drinks. Meet me there in 30?" I suggest this plan knowing it's not smart to split up, but I'm comfortable enough to enjoy being alone. Becca hugs me tightly and says " I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful best friend, I'll see you in 30!" And with that, Becca dances back into the crowd carrying nothing but the beat of the music on her shoulders.

I walk back over to the bar and take a seat. Surprisingly I'm the only one here, looks like the drinks are on me. I order another Lemon Drop, and suck it down. Ten minutes go by and I'm completely zoned out. I snap out of it when i feel a light tap on my left shoulder. I turn around and I think I died a little?

My eyes meet piercing green eyes, framed with a sharp jawline and curly brown hair. He's wearing a tight, white Fleetwood Mac t-shirt paired with brown corduroy flair pants. Okay yeah so basically a dream guy. I don't know if I'm drunk yet so I don't speak. I'm not about to slur my sentences and mess this up.

"Excuse me is this seat next to you taken?" I'm met with a warm British accent.

"No go ahead sit down!" I respond with. Okay cool I'm not drunk and all the sudden very confident. He takes a seat and orders straight vodka on the rocks.

"Sorry I've never been to this club and figured might as well talk to people," He takes a sip of his drink and starts to look really embarrassed. "Shit I'm sorry I forgot to ask your name! I'm Harry."

" I'm Diana, but everyone calls me Anna for short."

"Well then hello Anna, can I buy you a drink?"

——————————————-