Crush || Petekey

I don't know if this is already a thing or not, but I am starting a 24-hour challenge. Right a short fan fiction in the span of 24 hours and post it. I cheated, because it started as something else, but when I started this challenge, I changed most of the original content. There really aren't any rules, except that once you have exceeded 24 hours, you can no longer work on it. No editing whatsoever. Try to mark every hour if you can. You don't have to, it just gives the reader a sense of how you wrote the story. Smut (and the lack of) is allowed. Whatever ship. Doesn't even have to be a ship, it could be your dream concert. Or maybe you want to write a (so and so's name) x reader. Whatever, it's your fan fiction. Here is mine:

Started: March 23, 2020 11:54 PM

I looked up when the bell rang and stifled a smile. He put his phone in his back pocket and walked up to the counter.

"Your regular?"

He nodded, finding his way to his seat in the window. I looked after him for a second before turning my attention to his coffee. Every night, Mikey came in and ordered a black coffee. I pulled out my sharpie and wrote 'Mikey,' at the top. I called out his name and watched as he put his comic down. He made his way to me and his eyes lingered on mine for a moment. He took his coffee and thanked me. He never put sugar or creamer in his coffee. He drank a sip and cringed. He walked with it back to his seat and sipped it slowly. He puckered up his face and took another sip. I giggled quietly from behind the counter and made the next order. I turned back around to hand the next costumer their caramel frappe. It was a teenage girl, and I could tell she was only here to be "vintage." She was a basic white bitch and she needed to go back to Starbucks. Not that I could say anything, or would for that matter, but still. She walked out and Mikey got up from his seat.

When Mikey got to the counter, he asked, "Hey, Pete, sorry to bother you. Is there anyway you can make me whatever she had?"

"Of course! You must be tired of black coffee. You always order it, make weird faces as you drink it, and never ever finish it. Are you trying to look mature or something?"

"Damn, you caught me. I hate black coffee, but it speeds your metabolism. So, you know..." He voice drifted and he looked lost for a second.

"Actually, that's only when you drink it in the morning."

"Damn, that sucks. All this time..." His voice drifted and he zoned out again.

"Mikey, are you okay?"

"Why do you call me that? I always order as Michael."

"I'm sorry, I can stop if you want me to. I just thought Mikey fit you better."

He took a shaky breath and replied, "No, it's cool, no one calls me Michael anyway. You don't have to stop, I just wanted to know."

I nodded and turned to make his coffee. I handed it to him and smiled. He walked back to his seat and picked his comic up again. I looked down at the counter and saw a sticky note with a number on it. It also said, 'Mikey.' I looked up and saw Mikey turn his head quickly. I smiled, sticking it in my back pocket.

After a few minutes, Mikey put his comic book back in his bag. He walked up to the counter and said, "You don't have to use it, just so you know. I just thought maybe we could get to know each other a little better."

I touched my back pocket and smiled. "I'd like that. I'd like that a lot."

Mikey usually doesn't smile, but he did then. His face stiffened after a second and he asked, "When do you get off?"

I looked at the clock and answered, "Right now. Let me close up and I'll meet you outside?"

Mikey nodded and walked outside. I quickly cleaned up and turned off all the lights. I walked outside, locking the door behind me. I turned and Mikey was sitting on the hood of my car smoking a cigarette. I sat next to him and he handed it to me. I took it and hit it a few times before handing it back.